T-Section help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tooz

Reaction score
Hi :)

Right, this has been annoying me for a while now!

When I do a T-section, I always do foils from the hairline to behind the crown, and then foils at the sides (a couple vertically at the hairline and the rest horizontally). This is what I was taught but I've always thought it was pretty close to half-head.

I've noticed that some hairdressers do their T-section going from the hairline to behind the crown, and then they only put a few verticals on the hairline either side... Does anyone else do this? And if so, how does it look?

When I do a T-section, I always do foils from the hairline to behind the crown, and then foils at the sides (a couple vertically at the hairline and the rest horizontally). This is what I was taught but I've always thought it was pretty close to half-head.

I've noticed that some hairdressers do their T-section going from the hairline to behind the crown, and then they only put a few verticals on the hairline either side... Does anyone else do this? And if so, how does it look?

I consider the first method as a t-section, and the second method as sample foils, just for clients who are scared to get a full head or half head or are going for a more sun kissed look

I consider the first method as a t-section, and the second method as sample foils, just for clients who are scared to get a full head or half head or are going for a more sun kissed look

Okay, thank you :D

This seriously annoys me, I've noticed a fair few professionals that do this to save time/product yet clients are paying for a TSECTION, not a few scattered foils/parting.

/rant

but yes, I'd defiantly say the first option :)

Sometimes I do all the side foils vertical rather than the hairline ones vertical and then the horizontal ones working up, but I still cover the whole side with vertical foils

A t section would be from the hairline to just below the crown with a few vertical around the edges, a half head would be hairline to just below crown with horizontal down to ears and vertical at the sides, you gotta price according to how many foils there is, I sometimes call it a half head if I've done scattered foils all over the head, a t section should just be the t section tho

Sometimes I do all the side foils vertical rather than the hairline ones vertical and then the horizontal ones working up, but I still cover the whole side with vertical foils

So what's the price difference for a t section to a half head? Your doing the work of a half head but calling it t

I do from hairline to just below crown, then I do the whole side section vertically right down to the ears for a t-section.

for half head, I do everything above the ears.. then a full head is obviously a full head.

I also price according for example a full head of loose foils I'd charge a half head etc

So what's the price difference for a t section to a half head? Your doing the work of a half head but calling it t

I consider a half head as everything above the ears also

Ahh sorry! I actually do a couple horizontally at the hairline sides and then go vertically at the sides too, I was having a ditsy moment there haha.

I'm glad a lot of you do it the way I do! It's been bugging me for ages seeing hairdressers do it the other way cause I thought I was doing too much! I suppose it depends on what the client wants too though.

Thanks everyone :D

I do the same as u - but on average how many foils would u use per t bar ? And half head??tks 😊

Latest posts

Back