Tacky Liquid and Powder

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tallony

Reaction score
HI Guys!

Sorry if i seem realy dumb!

I trained with CND L&P about 7 years ago, did the training but never took it any further................until today!

I did a set of nails for my Mum, but as i was pressing out the bead and trying to sculp it, it became tacky and stringey on all three zones.

Mum did'nt want french tips so i used clear and then pink perfect colour powders.

All my stuff is new, Scrub Fresh, powders, Retention+ and my brush, what could it be?

Could it be the mix ratio, i'm just so out of practice. I also found it very difficult to use.:cry: I'm feelin very down in the dumps about it, i just wish i'd kept going after my training:irked: I feel at the momment i should take the Foudation Course all over again:cry::irked:

I'm such a Numptey:mad:

Any help you can give would be great!

Thanks Tallony:)

maybe you are using the wrong mix ratio? Or maybe you are "playing" with the product to long... I have done this in the past and I had the same problem, just have another practice and it will all come back to you!!

Where did you get your products from chick? :hug:

Hi,

Clean your new brush with only clean monomer[liquid] a little in your dappen dish to rinse/remove any leftover product after you have finished using it.

Retention + can take a bit of getting used to IMO. I had always been a big fan of the Radical SolarNail monomer & found it a tad different to Retention +
Practice by making beads of product & place them onto a practice tip.
Let it sit & watch how it forms/cures. Don't work the bead at this stage.
Look for:
Puddles outside/around the bead - Working to wet
Runny beads - Working to wet.
Cloudy/stiff beads - Working to dry

Another thing to remember in relation to product mix ratio.

The amount of liquid to powder is 1 1/2 parts liquid to 1 part powder.
You need all the powder & all the liquid to have the perfect ratio.

After you have placed the bead/product onto the tip/nail 'DON'T WIPE' your brush,.... hard habit to break but it does make all the difference to the end result.

HtH

XX J XX

sounds like a ratio problem .... or product not leaving your brush properly, then excess powder gathering in the bottom of the dappen dish, then the brush picks up this tacky residue. dunno, just a thought

Why not take a 1-1 training session to help remind you and get you back on track, not sure if Sweet Squared have training up and running yet but might be worth giving them a ring to find out. x

Sorry just assuming your nearest training would be leeds like me, obviously you need to contact your nearest CND trainer!!

Latest posts

Back