Tailoring tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NailsNovice

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Right, i really need your help tailoring tips, i trained with creative quite some time ago, when all you did to tailor your tip was file off the corners !, i am just getting back into nail services, and though i am planning a one to one with heidi my ambassador i could do with some help.

How do i go about pre-tailoring a tip, i realise i now cut out the well, but i don't understand how, and how do i file i before its on ????.

An idiots step by step would be really appreciated, as i want my nails to look the best they can. Also does this work on a nailbiter ?

thanks everyone.

claire x

Hi Claire
This was in one of the nail magazines recently, I think it was in Scratch.one of the Nail Geek articles???..
To pre tailor a tip, you cut out the well area, leaving just a small amount of the well, (if you are right handed) hold the tip in your left hand, and file using your file at approx 45 degree angle. Perhaps start just filing in one direction. If you alter the angle of your file you will find you can change the smile to suit your clients nail shape. I found it good to practise at home, and often pre shape a few tips for emergencies. You can still use these for nail biters. but you need to make other adjustments to the tip also to get the best fit. (If anyone from Scratch reads this...This could perhaps be a good one for the magazines help articles!!!)
NailsNovice said:
Hi guys,
Right, i really need your help tailoring tips, i trained with creative quite some time ago, when all you did to tailor your tip was file off the corners !, i am just getting back into nail services, and though i am planning a one to one with heidi my ambassador i could do with some help.

How do i go about pre-tailoring a tip, i realise i now cut out the well, but i don't understand how, and how do i file i before its on ????.

An idiots step by step would be really appreciated, as i want my nails to look the best they can. Also does this work on a nailbiter ?

thanks everyone.

claire x

hi

your angle sould be about 45 deg i think i remember, and thin your tip down. dont forget the strength comes from the overlay not the tip..... when you apply it it will blend in in seconds. You may feel at first that it takes you longer but as you get quicker at your pre-tailoring its a snap..

Cheers, i will give it a go !

Claire x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back