Take your darn underwear off!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PinkPotions

Reaction score
A girl called me yesterday afternoon and said that she would like to make an appointment for her and 4 friends to book in for Hollywoods before their hols.

She said she'd heard i used a better wax and had great results but that i make clients take off their underwear. When i said this was correct and i think it's the only way to do a perfect hollywood she said that they were too embarassed to do this and they would all go elsewhere!

This is 5 clients i've 'lost' because of their embarassment and it annoys me. I know i'm the best in my area (thanks to Kim) and all my clients LOVE the results. Should i let them keep a thong on and do the job in halfs or cut my losses and simmer in silence.

It's sooooo unfair (& i don't care that i sound like a child :lol:)

Hi! Oh my gosh, I'm not surprised it annoys you! You obviously know what you're doing and clients should trust you and take your advice! If it were me, I would explain the treatment thoroughly and that you get a lot better results if you do not wear any underwear. How else do they expect you to do that sort of intimate waxing if they wear underwear! If they are really embarrassed, you can suggest that they wear a thong, but just repeat yourself by saying the results won't be as good. Perhaps a client that has already had a hollywood wax by you could speak to them if they wanted reassurance? Like a testimonial sort of thing? Sometimes that's good and they feel more at ease speaking to someone else about it, I know friends who've done that before.

Just continue being professional (you obviously are) and if they are so embarrassed why are they booking one in the first place?

Good luck, hope that's helped.

X

It was through a current client they heard of me and they know i'm good but every other salon in the area does a hollywood with thong on and they are all to embarrased to show everything even though i told her that even if she wore underwear at some point i would see everything but no none of them were willing to trust me!

In that case I would suggest that they leave their thong on, if you feel comfortable doing that? Once they are there in your presence and they see how professional you are, then they will feel more at ease and you can talk them through it face to face. It's not like you've not seen anything like that before is it! X

I'm recently trained in waxing so hello to everyone here :)

I've had this problem also... "Ah, I'm embaraced, I'm ashamed, I'll stay in my underwear (and she want's a brazillian and her panties are down to her knees...aaa!), I don't care if you smudge me with wax, this is old underwear..." I made a mistake and let one girl stay in her underwear, and when doing bikini line, I had to stretch her skin and lift her underwear with one hand, and I did not stretch her skin properly when pulling the strip and she ended up with... I don't know the word... a bruise? Blue and red mark... and she was angry, I felt stupid, and it all could have been avoided if only she took her underwear down! :irked:

So to everyone who come (and I have put that on my web site), I tell that story - I cannot wax you properly if I have to fiddle with your underwear, I might hurt you, and my God, I'm not waxing you on my balcony in an rush hour, so leave your embaracement at home. And I don't care if you think you're 'fat, too hairy', or what else women think of themselves, I'm thinking about your hair, your skin, how will I do my best... so full legs or/and bikini line - thongs. And that's a MUST. If thongs get in my way, they are gone also.

I know you feel annoyed... and feel for you... but as much as you mind your client's skin, you have to mind your peace of mind and proper working conditions. So I talk and talk and educate my clients... that helps.

i dont really understand all this 'its not a perfect hollywodd unless you dont wear underwear" I can do a 'perfect hollywood' and preserve my clients modesty with a disposable thong. :confused:

Tell them you provide them with special underwear,
when they arrive, give them a bit of floss:)

firstly i must say i have no experience of waxing someone but i am waxed myself every 4 weeks at a salon.

i only have a little strip left and i'm happy i get to leave my manky old thong on whilst having it done.
If i was looking to go for a hollywood then the option to have a thong left on would play a part in my decision. If it takes longer then i will be willing to pay extra for that and do understand at some point bit's will be seen but to me there is a difference between peeks and in your face full on show.

just because we might be immune to the embarrassment of seeing a lady garden doesn't mean our clients are.

i'm by no means giving help/advise on the matter i'm not qualified just a view from a clients side.
i'm a geek who likes to keep her lettuce leaves to herself :lol:

It's cute that you call "it" a Hollywood and we call it a Brazilian. Is it legal in the UK for you to wax it ALL OFF? We can't here in a salon or spa, but it's done all the time at home-based businesses. Who would keep their panties on!? I purchased disposable thongs for clients that absolutely refuse to be completely bare. hugs, kelly

It's cute that you call "it" a Hollywood and we call it a Brazilian. Is it legal in the UK for you to wax it ALL OFF? We can't here in a salon or spa, but it's done all the time at home-based businesses. Who would keep their panties on!? I purchased disposable thongs for clients that absolutely refuse to be completely bare. hugs, kelly

holly wood is all off, brazilian leaves a little strip.

whay arent you allowed to do it in u.s?

i cant see why if they are happy to have you take the hair entirely off , that they would be embarassed to remove underwear, to me that would be a reasonable request.

I offer all my clients a disposable thong. Most of them, once they realise that I'm an RGN seem very happy to be nekkid. Even then I preserve their dignity at all times!
I think it's a shame that you've lost 5 clients because you couldn't work around their delicate sensibilities.

I'd give them the option....especially if its loosing you clients.

Get them in...get them hooked....just say i CAN do it with a thong on BUT you'll get much better results without it on.

Once they are in and feel confident and comfortable with you they will come around.

I did a lady the other day , been coming to me a while for her nails but goes elsewhere for her hollywood.

SHE was trying to tell ME how she pulls herself in this position and that position etc with her pants on.....we did it her way....then i told her MY WAY and she said..hmmmm:| sounds a better idea we'll do it your way next time.

I personally PREFER to do it with pants off - you can see EVERYTHING anyway pulling thongs here and there out of the way i dont see the big drama other than the first initial time getting em off....then its like... oh sod it who cares.

DONT TURN THEM AWAY...just say you can do it either way hun:hug:

some people just dont like baring all to a stranger in some cases. once a established relationship has blossomed then it becomes a little easier.

we may not like waxing with underwear or disposables on but if it makes the client feel relaxed and at ease then so be it. once they have done it a few times and you explain the benefits of baring it all - they will be more at ease with you and be more relaxed doing so.

we may think whatever but to some people this is a real problem as they dont feel comfortable about it. I would rather pay more and be happy then pay less then not. spare a thought for the client. once they are hooked then take it a little further.

customer service is after all what we strive to be No 1 at

I have never had my nether-regions waxed.
I likely never will.
Partly for the pain, partly due to modesty.

I understand your frustrations about getting the job perfect.
Why not 'baby them' as suggested and let them keep their thongs on.
Once they've had a couple of appointments, and are 'comfortable' with you, THEN suggest that you'd get much better results the other way about.

I think it's a "comfort zone" sort of thing

:hug:

If it is going to lose you 5 clients then I would wax with a thong on. It makes no difference to me whether they wear a thong or not, I can still do a good job. Once you have completed waxing the front they are usually happy and more comfortable to remove their underwear for the butt crack as this is a little more tricky I find with undewear on.

Above all, don't lose 5 clients because of a tiddly piece of underwear!

they dont even need to remove their thong for the crack, just manouver it!

they dont even need to remove their thong for the crack, just manouver it!

dont you think though by the time you've manouvered it....you may has well have taken it off !!

I can see both sides of the fence honest i can, but once they've done it with pants off they get over the issue of ...er ..having pants off:green:

Thing is, they're the customer. If they want it done thong on then do it that way. As long as you say that it would be quicker/easier/better thong off then you're covered (whereas they're not!).
I have a client who comes for a regular monthly pedicure. She tells me all the time how much she hates having her feet touched. Go figure!

Hi I feel for you - this is such a difficult one. I lost a customer because I did not have the courage to tell her it would be better with underwear off. She would not even wear a disposable thong and kept a big pair of black pants on! Hence she became very hot and it took me almost 2 hours because the wax did not set properly and I could only do a strip at a time plus she was very hairy!!! It was horrendous and of course she never returned.

Since then I insist all underwear off and the job done in 40 mins or less but on the flip side we must understand that it is just too personal for some clients.

I think I would give the girls a thong but explain why it is so much better without. I also think that after the initial embarrassment they will feel less inhibited and may be ditch the thong and of course they will get to know you better and feel more relaxed. :)

A funny thing on my part....when I went a few months ago to have mine waxed for the first time I kinda assumed I was on her terf and unchartered territory on my part and I didn't really think I had the option of having panties or thong on. LOL Not once did I think that I could keep them on. I told her I wanted the Hollywood and then stripped from waist down, hahaha. Everyone is different though. With my clients I don't even make a big deal of it. I ask them what they would like and then once they are in my room I mention it is best to take the undies off, but if they choose otherwise then thats ok that it might be more complicated to get everything in certain areas. I have never had a client leave the undies on, lol. I have learned though that in order to be successful in any line of work it's best to be as flexible as possible with your services to help the client have the best possible experience. I think these days the industry is constantly evolving into something new and if we are not flexible to evolve with it and with our clients then we won't find ourselves on the cutting edge anymore. I like to leave options open for clients so they can taylor they're experience with me to their own comfort levels, especially if they are new clients. Because once you get them hooked on "their" great experience then you have a client for life and can usually help them at a later time be more comfortable with things like taking off the panties or even waxing more areas than just the basics. That doesn't mean I'm flexible with EVERYTHING I do, but as with anything, I pick and choose my battles, lol. I hope for you and the girls they realize that they are missing out on a great experience and service and call you back someday!
HUGS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back