Taken the plunge!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi geeks

A while back I had started a topic about going part time in my full time job to pursue my business.

That didn't get agreed by my employer.

But I've been offered Voluntary redundancy, and I'm taking it.
Last day of work 30th June!! Whoppee!!!

I've got a lot of ideas that I want to pursue. I'm a home salon, my clients are usually evenings as my ladies all work. I don't have a huge clientele as trying to promote or market holding down a full time time & family was impossible. I just about manage to see my few clients that I have.

As I might not be busy all day I'm thinking of approaching hotels, gyms, big companies, wedding & bridal companies. I'm also thinking of doing nails for fashion shoots. Might be free in the beginning but building contact can bounce off each other.

Is there any other ideas on how you geeks went about from this switch from full time office job to doing your business.

Hi geeks

A while back I had started a topic about going part time in my full time job to pursue my business.

That didn't get agreed by my employer.

But I've been offered Voluntary redundancy, and I'm taking it.
Last day of work 30th June!! Whoppee!!!

I've got a lot of ideas that I want to pursue. I'm a home salon, my clients are usually evenings as my ladies all work. I don't have a huge clientele as trying to promote or market holding down a full time time & family was impossible. I just about manage to see my few clients that I have.

As I might not be busy all day I'm thinking of approaching hotels, gyms, big companies, wedding & bridal companies. I'm also thinking of doing nails for fashion shoots. Might be free in the beginning but building contact can bounce off each other.

Is there any other ideas on how you geeks went about from this switch from full time office job to doing your business.
Wow good for u!u may find it takes a while to build up a client base so maybe look for a morning job while u build up x x

I like this. I wish you lots of luck and success.

I have recently trained in shellac and hoping to offer evening and weekend treatments around my full time job. How did you go about advertising this without looking like you were doing it as a hobby?

This is great and real inspo. 😄😄 I also am finding it hard seeing the clients i already have around my full time job let alone getting anymore :( I hope to make the switch over 'one day'

How would you go about photo shoots? I would love to do this aswell 😄 xxx

Iv made the switch over! So far so good this will be my third month and I haven't advertised much yet due to not having time this week is a quiet one so going to do some advertising. It is possible good luck if you have any questions just pm me ☺️ x

My biggest trouble is I will struggle to run a nail salon full time and break even with my current salary.

Wow good for u!u may find it takes a while to build up a client base so maybe look for a morning job while u build up x x

Yes that is what I'm planning to do, if not find salons to work in to fill the gaps.

But I really want to try the big business, gyms & hotel route.

Dread having to go into a office enviroment again.

I like this. I wish you lots of luck and success.

I have recently trained in shellac and hoping to offer evening and weekend treatments around my full time job. How did you go about advertising this without looking like you were doing it as a hobby?

Aaaaawww thank you!!

I advertise on FB, put leaflet up in local groceries, but it didn't work. But really it was people from work passing word around.

This is great and real inspo. 😄😄 I also am finding it hard seeing the clients i already have around my full time job let alone getting anymore :( I hope to make the switch over 'one day'

How would you go about photo shoots? I would love to do this aswell 😄 xxx

It is hard, but you gotta push yourself.

Not sure yet! Working on it, I'll keep you posted!!

Iv made the switch over! So far so good this will be my third month and I haven't advertised much yet due to not having time this week is a quiet one so going to do some advertising. It is possible good luck if you have any questions just pm me ☺️ x

Thank you!!
I will do x

My biggest trouble is I will struggle to run a nail salon full time and break even with my current salary.

In the nail industry I believe it's hard to break even.
I've accepted that me wanting to sit in my salon and wanting customers to come to me won't work. Due to the saturation of NSS salons in my area.

That's why I'm thinking of lots of ideas to make it work.

Latest posts

Back