Taking 3 hours to do eyelash extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_eyelovelashes

Reaction score
hi everyone, I've just started doing semi permanent eyelash extensions I know the treatment time they say should be 2 hours (I know people that can do a full set in an hour) but I'm currently taking over 3 hours now I know this is probably standard as I've only just started but I'm just wondering do I have to apply and extension to every single lash? I only use 0.15 so you think maybe I should invest in thicker? I used 0.25 with my first couple of ladies but they told me they felt as though they was pulling. Also can I use different type curls on one client? Also if I'm mobile how do I make sure the humidity is right for my glue? I'm finding I'm having to keep changing it because it goes tacky. I know this will probably sound really stupid but is there something I could buy to keep my glue at the right humidity while I'm in someone else's house?

Hi

As a beginner it will take you longer but of course you want to speed up - time is money and most clients don't want to lie down for that long

You DO NOT have to lash every lash,but create and aesthetically pleasing and balanced set and set yourself a time limit

Please do not use any thicker then 0.15 - too heavy for most clients

And yes you can mix curls - usually flatter curls such as a b or c in the inners And stronger on the outer to add lift

Re your mobile work - you will find that most good lash techs do not work mobile because of the reasons you stated - for your glue to work correctly and you get good retention you MUST Control temp and humidity and sadly they still do not teach this. Imagine trying to make ice cream outside of a temp controlled room ( not gonna happen ) this is the same with lashing.

I have some good videos in YouTube that will teach you this

Frankie widdows eyelash excellence

Also take a look at a mentoring group I run that will really assist you - it's called lash tech tutorials.

Hi

As a beginner it will take you longer but of course you want to speed up - time is money and most clients don't want to lie down for that long

You DO NOT have to lash every lash,but create and aesthetically pleasing and balanced set and set yourself a time limit

Please do not use any thicker then 0.15 - too heavy for most clients

And yes you can mix curls - usually flatter curls such as a b or c in the inners And stronger on the outer to add lift

Re your mobile work - you will find that most good lash techs do not work mobile because of the reasons you stated - for your glue to work correctly and you get good retention you MUST Control temp and humidity and sadly they still do not teach this. Imagine trying to make ice cream outside of a temp controlled room ( not gonna happen ) this is the same with lashing.

I have some good videos in YouTube that will teach you this

Frankie widdows eyelash excellence

Also take a look at a mentoring group I run that will really assist you - it's called lash tech tutorials.

Latest posts

Back