Taking 3 weeks off

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

islandbeauty

Reaction score
Hi all,
Was wondering if you could help?! I’m a self employed therapist who has been given the opportunity to stay out in Australia for 3 weeks! It’s an amazing opportunity but being self employed im nervous about the repercussions of going away for that amount of time. I have a lovely bunch of regulars who I know will wait until I get back for their appointments, but I still can’t help but feel guilty! I work 10/12hr days, 5 days a week (and then towel washing, deep cleaning and paperwork gets done over the other two days) so I know I do need to take a break every once in a while. What would you do? And how would you word going away on social media?
Thank you in advance!

That’s amazing, you should do it!

You need r&r just like your clients and they will benefit from you having more energy and being happier and calmer when you get back.

Plan it out, tell your regulars so they can have their treatments before you leave and their next available appointment is when you get back. Encourage everyone to book in advance and you should have minimal problems.

I’m going for one week holiday in August and the first thing any client does when I say I’m going on holiday is freak out but when I explain they visit every 4-6 weeks and one or two weeks before or after I go is not the end of the world.

Maybe an email to say you are going away, when you book your flight and say these are all the dates you have left as you are so busy.

You don’t even have to say you are going away and you can just put a closed sign up/block out time.

But you can’t let this opportunity slip between your fingers. xx

[QUOTE="islandbeauty, post: 2649941, member: 133010" And how would you word going away on social media?
Thank you in advance![/QUOTE]

"I'm off on the holiday of a life-time, see you in 3 weeks, I'll fill you in on all the amazing details when I get back" :cool:

I get you want to keep your clients, but you've already said they're supportive, so go...enjoy, you don't have to justify yourself to anyone.

No-one ever laid on their death bed and wished they'd worked more...they wish they'd traveled and lived life.

You must go and forget the stress from all your moaners and whiners. It clearly is such an amazing trip of a lifetime , the nice clients would want you to just do it.

Mine complain if i am closed for a week that messes with their appointment spacing, but I have only 1 week trips at a time. Now I am older I have 5 of them per year to keep me going.

I would be wary of advertising that I am my hols if you work from home, but if you are salon based there won't be the same concern over leaving your property for that amount of time. Just say you closed for refurbishing the salon perhaps invent a little fib. Yet your regulars will know the real reason.

Go away and enjoy yourself , there will be plenty of catching up with your lovely clients ..... work will waiting for you.

That’s amazing, you should do it!

You need r&r just like your clients and they will benefit from you having more energy and being happier and calmer when you get back.

Plan it out, tell your regulars so they can have their treatments before you leave and their next available appointment is when you get back. Encourage everyone to book in advance and you should have minimal problems.

I’m going for one week holiday in August and the first thing any client does when I say I’m going on holiday is freak out but when I explain they visit every 4-6 weeks and one or two weeks before or after I go is not the end of the world.

Maybe an email to say you are going away, when you book your flight and say these are all the dates you have left as you are so busy.

You don’t even have to say you are going away and you can just put a closed sign up/block out time.

But you can’t let this opportunity slip between your fingers. xx
Thank you so much! This has really helped. I hope you have a fabulous time away in August!!

[QUOTE="islandbeauty, post: 2649941, member: 133010" And how would you word going away on social media?
Thank you in advance!

"I'm off on the holiday of a life-time, see you in 3 weeks, I'll fill you in on all the amazing details when I get back" :cool:

I get you want to keep your clients, but you've already said they're supportive, so go...enjoy, you don't have to justify yourself to anyone.

No-one ever laid on their death bed and wished they'd worked more...they wish they'd traveled and lived life.[/QUOTE]
You are so right!! Thank you so much!!

You must go and forget the stress from all your moaners and whiners. It clearly is such an amazing trip of a lifetime , the nice clients would want you to just do it.

Mine complain if i am closed for a week that messes with their appointment spacing, but I have only 1 week trips at a time. Now I am older I have 5 of them per year to keep me going.

I would be wary of advertising that I am my hols if you work from home, but if you are salon based there won't be the same concern over leaving your property for that amount of time. Just say you closed for refurbishing the salon perhaps invent a little fib. Yet your regulars will know the real reason.

Go away and enjoy yourself , there will be plenty of catching up with your lovely clients ..... work will waiting for you.
I do feel so much better, thank you! Yes definitely something to be aware of!!! Can never be too safe!

Hi all,
Was wondering if you could help?! I’m a self employed therapist who has been given the opportunity to stay out in Australia for 3 weeks! It’s an amazing opportunity but being self employed im nervous about the repercussions of going away for that amount of time. I have a lovely bunch of regulars who I know will wait until I get back for their appointments, but I still can’t help but feel guilty! I work 10/12hr days, 5 days a week (and then towel washing, deep cleaning and paperwork gets done over the other two days) so I know I do need to take a break every once in a while. What would you do? And how would you word going away on social media?
Thank you in advance!
Hey I'm self employed and took 3 weeks off to go to cape town and it made no difference to my clients, they waited and I didnt lose any. Your clients will be ok, you should do it x

Sent from my SM-G973F using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you!!!!:D

Latest posts

Back