Taking a deposit for a Minx design.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahnailz

Reaction score
Hi again

I am about to have my 1:1 training with CND for minx and wanted to ask your opinions on taking a deposit off clients for minx

If the customer asks you for a design that you don't have and you have to order it in for their next appointment, should I take a deposit? obviously enough to cover the cost of the minx sheet and p&p. It sounds like a stupid question I know, but I don't want to stock loads of designs that I don't think will sell.

Thanks for advice.

xxSarahxx

I take a 50% deposit for all minx clients now.
This is after ordering a design especially for them and then they cancel the aponintment for whatever reason.
I explain that this is non refundable if they cancel and don't arange another apponintment.
Nobody has objected to this and, hey presto, no more sudden cancelations.:green:
:hug:

Hi again

I am about to have my 1:1 training with CND for minx and wanted to ask your opinions on taking a deposit off clients for minx

If the customer asks you for a design that you don't have and you have to order it in for their next appointment, should I take a deposit? obviously enough to cover the cost of the minx sheet and p&p. It sounds like a stupid question I know, but I don't want to stock loads of designs that I don't think will sell.

Thanks for advice.

xxSarahxx

Why would you buy designs that you don't think will sell?

I find that whatever you have, if the client has to choose between 6 designs that you have .. they will choose one. You are all so darned cautious!! Just because you may not care for a design doesn't mean others won't .. for your help and assistence, the top sellers are listed for you, so if you wish to be conservative then stick to those.

If a client ordered a particular design, you bet I would make her pay for it before I ordered it just as if I ordered something from any business.

Same as Del, I also take 50% deposit. Whatever profitsI make from Minx, it goes straight back into it and I buy more and more Minx! So it gives people more to choose from there and then. I dont think you will ever have Minx just sitting there, they are all so popular! xx

Rather than buying all the Mix designs immediately - why don't you buy 5 different designs a month? Then you have something new to show each customer and also something to tell in your marketing :)

Great replies. Thank you.

Just trying to sort out stock before we make the big move.
Geeg has told me that metalic designs are really popular and I have all the animal print ones, the two bridal lace, black and white polka dot and a few others. Cost a fortune, but I know I am going to get it all back with just a few minx treatments. I think I worked it out to be just 8 clients and my money is back in my pocket. That's charging £20 for a full set. Really can't wait for my training on Tuesday. I have resisted temptation to have a play TBH I am concentrating on finishing my l&p homework at the moment. Let's just say ouch on that one!!!! smile lines are so darn hard to do!!!!! mine look truly awful, but that's another post lol

thanks again geeks

xxSarahxx

I try and have atleast 6 to offer client, and as geeg said they will always pick one, I have plain matalics and few patterns, tbh most my clients stick to plain designs. Young ones love bright whacky ones but are not my most loyal customers iygwim. I have few clients this week wantin specific designs which I have'nt got , but will place order mon morning along with other bits I need,, in long run I will always sell, people LOVE minx.

xxx

Latest posts

Back