Taking card payments for nail services

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JazzyBean91

Reaction score
Hi, can anyone let me know roughly how much they pay per month before transaction charges on their card terminals?
I'm trying very hard not to get mugged off but they're so sneaky! I just went to sign up with payment sense and they gave me completely the wrong impression about what it would cost monthly, I nearly signed up to a 3 year contract until I read the final form you have to sign which stated that I would actually be paying around £55 a month before any transaction charges were processed! ridiculous!
They gave me the impression the whole way through that It would just be £25 per month card machine rental then charged for actual transactions processed, not this base price plus card terminal AND then extra £12 to access your account online etc.

I need a mobile machine so it will be the most expensive plan with most providers but I go to peoples houses so a desktop one is no good.

Any advice on who to go with ladies?

I've been using izettle. It works through wifi alongside your phone so it's been good for mobile. Transactions are a bit more expensive at 2.75% but there are no other fees to pay.

Cardsave are usually recommended too but you need to haggle a bit with them x

I've been using izettle. It works through wifi alongside your phone so it's been good for mobile. Transactions are a bit more expensive at 2.75% but there are no other fees to pay.

Cardsave are usually recommended too but you need to haggle a bit with them x
does the machine you get print receipts?

I use WorldPay Zinc, my monthly bill is less than £20, you can send a receipt by email, sms or hsnd written

I use Sumup. You pay for the reader outright (around £40-£60 depending if they have offers on) then you just pay 2% on each transaction. No monthly rental fees etc.
You can email a recipt or hand write one out a recipt book xx

You would have to purchase a separate printer but it has the option to email or text the receipt. Otherwise I would write it by hand x

I use Payment sense. The machine is a Spire model for mobile use. My monthly bill is usually around £30
It prints receipts.

I used to use cardsave however despite paying £29 a month they wouldn't upgrade my card terminal to contactless as I had the same machine for 6 years. I cancelled contract with them. I'm now with iZettle I can text over the clients receipt direct with the card collaborating card recognition through contactless and there's no monthly fees and I'm not tied into a contract. Also the new pci compliance is not needed with iZettle as with a card machine if you don't fill in the lengthy rip off questionnaire each year the card terminal company take another fee each month if you forget to fill it in.

I use Payment sense. The machine is a Spire model for mobile use. My monthly bill is usually around £30
It prints receipts.
I'm trying to sign up with ayment sense now but they ave a minimum transaction fee =( meaning the card machine is rented AND i have to pay £19.99 on top of transactions

I'm trying to sign up with ayment sense now but they ave a minimum transaction fee =( meaning the card machine is rented AND i have to pay £19.99 on top of transactions

Sumup have gone contactless now and you only pay 1.95% per transaction.. now ill sign up

Just a quick one girls, it's proven you get less tips when your clients pay by card xx

Just a quick one girls, it's proven you get less tips when your clients pay by card xx
Do you not have an option for tips where you are? I'm in Canada so it might work differently. My card machine has an option for tips, it's also kept separate from my fees as it's not taxable here.

I use payleven, love it. Was sick of getting cheques then some people didn't have the correct cash and wanted to bank transfer then I'd have to remind them. This way the money goes into my account and I just leave it :) x

its ok guys im now using izettle who are by the way AMAZING. the card machine is so cute and portable aswell. charges are next to nothing. you just buy the terminal outright for £39 and then its yours. your god to go after that, theres no monthly fee either

Do you not have an option for tips where you are? I'm in Canada so it might work differently. My card machine has an option for tips, it's also kept separate from my fees as it's not taxable here.
Tips are taxable in Canada. You may want to check with your accountant.

A lot of my clients still tip with cash some add the tip to the payment. So you get it eventually. If it's a tip on the card for an employee, just tell her to take that amount from the till.

Check Square payments, its used with your phone and cheap as. I just can't remember the fee, but it's tiny

Latest posts

Back