Taking Care of Your Customers... How Far Do YOU Go??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to say that the number of times I have gone to a pub (not that I'm an alkie or anything lol) and asked for a sandwich to be told oh sorry we stopped serving food half an hour ago.

I went for a meal at the local golf club once and waited to be served for 15 minutes while they faffed around organising someones desert. When they got to me they told me 'sorry, we've finished taking orders for the night'.

Needless to say I've never been there again.

I'd have to agree with you their dee, and its something I'd not noticed til after my first Holiday to the USA, where people in the service industry can't do enough for you,(and make you feel that they DO mean it) maybe alot of 'chains' over here could learn a thing or two.

I can't help but wonder if it's because they rely on you tipping them and that's why their customer service is better. Their base wage is crap so rely heavily on tips to make a decent wage. If they had a decent wage would they give crappy service as it wouldn't matter if they got tips or not?

"NO" must look that up in the dictionary!! hate to say no to my clients. positivity is much easier than negativity.

How does the saying go..you catch more flies with honey than vinegar..Never hurts to be nice does it

As a client I have to say that I have returned again and again to salons where the haircut/colour/manicure has maybe not been the best, just because the staff have a nice attitude - there's nothing worse than feeling uncomfortable when you're paying someone to supposedly make you feel fabulous!
And as an aspiring nail and beauty bod I hope that I will go "above and beyond" for any clients I might be lucky enough to have - I think it's really important to try and make people feel like their custom is important to you. Strangely I have found that it's often the more expensive places that treat me well, perhaps they feel sorry for the likes of me!

Latest posts

Back