Taking clients to another salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smiler007

Reaction score
I am thinking of purchasing a hairdressing salon, can you write into their contracts that are unable to take clients with them should they leave or they arent allowed to work within a certain mile radius? I know someone that has this in their contract but wondered how effective it was?

If their gonna go they will!! You can write it in but not really enforceable as you can not legally stop someone earning a living. Don't go in all guns blazing to start

It a pretty common thing in a hairdressing contract, it can be tricky to enforce but yes put it in. You could also put a period on the time say within X amounts of miles or X amount of months,

It's not an unreasonable thing to hae in a contract :)

Good luck

When I worked in a salon my contract was 1/2 mile radius and you couldn't do a client you had done in the salon for 3 months, I don't know how enforceable that is, but any more than that was restriction of earnings.

When I worked in a salon my contract was 1/2 mile radius and you couldn't do a client you had done in the salon for 3 months, I don't know how enforceable that is, but any more than that was restriction of earnings.

You can't stop Joe Public from going where they want! Good stylists will have a solid rapport with their
Clients they will follow anywhere!

Latest posts

Back