taking good pics of nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vikki04

Reaction score
hi geeks,
does anyone have any good tips to get the best results when taking photos of nails? i really struggle to get good pics of my work.
thanks

hi thanks for asking that as iv been having trouble getting a really good close up of nails i have done they end up all burry and geeks cant really coment on the work thats been done :irked:.hoping to get some good tips :hug:

Hi, I always find holding the camera further away and zooming helps it focus better than trying to put the camera too close - it that makes sense!

read the instructions that came with the camera........find the macro setting ......(with the tulip if it's digital ) and it should work...also with some cameras if it is flashing red it means it's not in focus......wait for it to turn green and your good ......

there have been many threads on this ....have your tried the search engine on here....Seanny ( I think ) is good with a camera.....

:)
dont know if this will help but iv been taking alot of phots and havnt had much problems, i use a digital camera and i always take at least 7 shots of the nails making sure theirs good lighting and then put them straight on the computer to check them in large.

Macro + fine macro setting for my camera (lets me get within .5cm range) and tweek the White Balance setting particularly if I have a white towel (or background) so the colours show true.

most people tend to get too close, all camera's have a closest focus distance, marked on the lens or in the hand book, another tip is don't place the hands on to the background, get the client to hold them off a little distance, and this sorta makes sense, take some before treatment as well as after, easy forgotten

Just wanted to say Thanks for this thread!!
I'm off to find the Macro setting on my camera!
xx

Latest posts

Back