Taking on self employed in an 'employed' salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redlottie13

JUST BE NICE
Reaction score
Hey all.. ok so business has been open for two years. Great reputation but I struggle with staff to say the least. I think a mix of being softer than I should be and having really high standards.

I have 3 staff and myself who's on maternity leave (not that I've had one really!)

*Hair x 2 staff (1 part time trainee and 1 full time established stylist- both doing really well)
*Beauty x 1 ( full time - been with me two years never hits targets, lovely girl and high retention rate 96%, great work ethic and quality of work. We have even increased prices ......still not working)

So I'm at a loss every month as hair is making up for beauty losses.

I'm considering asking her to go part time (which she could fill) or go self employed. ...plus I don't want to waste the rooms.
I don't want to get rid of beauty completely as it is used 60% of the time.
But the other 40% is killing the business (I know being on mat leave isn't helping )

I feel like I've tried every avenue....I'm lost and feel defeated. As does she..... She understands the predicament.

Ok so two things I'm keeping hair employed but may being someone in to rent a space on a split. If I done this how do I map it out fairly for both parties?

Also how could I sell going self employed to my therapist. Who ultimately will end up losing her job if she can't, which I want to avoid.
It's her long game to have her own salon.

Please help a very tired very emotional 40 year-old

Xxx

Latest posts

Back