Taking payment up front

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chazz!!

Reaction score
So I'm looking for some models to try some hair techniques Iv not done much of. As I feel if I can get some before and after photos of my own work I can promote this more.
So I put an add on local Facebook selling site. See pics bellow!
some girl has commented How I can't possibly ask for money before I do any work!! I'm actually doing the service for free I'm just asking for the product I use to be paid for and upfront as when you do stuff like this for feee you get a lot of people just not show up. So when they come for patch test /strand test and consultation I'm taking £20/30 to cover the products I will use and need to purchase. As I don't stock a wide selection of colours as i just work from home and don't have Many clients that have different colours lol. Also toners I'll need for some people.

Am I wrong?
I probably should of replied but I was quite cross I'm mean if she don't want to pay upfront then just don't book me simple lol go pay £100 in the salon
And then she got her friend to comment aswell lol
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1476735973.038372.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1476736001.854545.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1476736015.421392.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1476735987.753282.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1476735987.753282.jpg
    529.8 KB · Views: 68
What a boot! Just ignore it! If people get a manicure with polish they pay first so they don't smudge their nails...you buy something online, you pay before you receive it...

I wouldn't ever let the client supply the colour. It could be fake eBay stuff.

Don't feel that you have to post a lengthy explanation on FB.
Just repeat that they are your terms of business and that they're welcome to book elsewhere.

I was being sarcastic about them buying the colour themselves. Lol. They wouldn't know what to buy and I wouldn't be advising so that would really happen.

Latest posts

Back