Taking payments

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahjane13

Reaction score
Hi
I'm opening a waxing room at home in a few months and have a question about taking payments.
I will be happy to take cash, bank transfer and PayPal but im not sure how I go about evidencing this to an accountant for my taxes.
How can I prove what I've taken?
How do I prove that I haven't hidden any cash or PayPal payments etc?
Thanks
X

Receipt book?
Buy a simple receipt book from the stationers (with carbon paper) and write out a receipt for the client, keeping the copy in the book.

I have a receipt book but the card machine I use allows you to record cash payments too and the history of transactions can be printed. I’m just getting familiar with all this stuff myself.

Should consider a card machine just as an FYI :) I don't remember last time I carried cash for anything.

Receipt book?
Buy a simple receipt book from the stationers (with carbon paper) and write out a receipt for the client, keeping the copy in the book.
Do you give receipts to all clients? I've been to a few home based places and never received one x

Should consider a card machine just as an FYI :) I don't remember last time I carried cash for anything.
Are there any you recommend at a sensible price? X

I have a receipt book but the card machine I use allows you to record cash payments too and the history of transactions can be printed. I’m just getting familiar with all this stuff myself.
Do you mind me asking what card machine you use please x

80% of my clients now pay me by internet banking, I still get a few cheques, PayPal and a bit of cash but most people are happy to internet bank and it's set up for next time then

Do you give clients a receipt too? X

Yes, every client is given a receipt.
The pad I have recommended is carbon copied so I give the top copy to the client and then I have a copy too for my records.

SumUp. I used it properly for the first time today. Quite pleased with it. Very user friendly.

I don’t give receipts but the SumUp machine allows you to send a receipt directly to the client by text or email. I have the receipt book as back up for those clients who might like a piece of paper.

Thank you everyone. This is all really useful info and I will look in to your suggestions :) x

Get a card machine, you should be able together on for £19.99-£29.99.... iZettle, PayPal, SquareUp....... all good machines

Thank you everyone. This is all really useful info and I will look in to your suggestions :) x

I’ve just started up and only had 4 clients and all 4 have wanted to pay by card, which I prefer too.

Latest posts

Back