Taking peroxide on a plane?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinksmurff

Reaction score
Is hydrogen peroxide allowed on planes? In your suitcase? It's for colour obviously, just wasn't to sure as it's a chemical at the end of the day. Has anyone took it before? Was there hassle? the destination is Dubai so I'm not sure how strict they will be.

Hmm it should be okay in your suitcase maybe phone the airline to double check with them sorry not much help

I would think it would be okay. My contact lenses solution is hydrogen peroxide and I take it with me on holiday x

I have heard it is a bad idea as it can be deadly against the fuel of the aircraft, I learned that at course years ago, and they bring all colors over by ship, correct me if I'm wrong but that is what I remember my tutor telling me.

I would think it would be okay. My contact lenses solution is hydrogen peroxide and I take it with me on holiday x

Yes but thats a different kind.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

A lady I know took some in a lucozade bottle to Australia lol diddnt get caught out

Why don't you just get it in Dubai? Confused

What you are supposed to do and what people actually do are also very different, sometimes to the detriment of others safety and wellbeing. I can't comment on peroxide personally, it wouldn't entertain my thoughts to even take it on holiday, I'd get my hair done before I went, but that is just me...They take home made bombs on board so probably you'd get away with it in your hand luggage as long it is under 100ml. You can purchase it in Dubai.

Not a good idea. Fancy being detained in the UAE? I certainly don't. Buy some when you are there.

No! Don't do it! Its not worth the risk of being on a no fly zone for the rest of your life! You can get peroxide in another country and as far as im aware in the western zones they have beauty suppliers that are uk based to offer assistance to those relocated there. Might be worthwhile to look up suppliers or contact the technical helpline to see where the nearest affiliated supplier for your colour house is. xoxo

Agree with everyone here. Don't do it.
If you're going on holiday, why would you want to spend time doing your hair?
Do it before, or else when you come back!

Don't do it? It's dangerous stuff.

I live in Dubai and I've never risked it, tho have heard of another mobile hairdresser who apparently did.

There's a few suppliers here you can get kadus, colour ray, keune, Indola, and macadamia oil colour range.

Thanks for all input, it's actually a very good friend that is going over. She is getting her hair done with myself the day before she goes, usually has it done every 4weeks and is going to Dubai for 9 weeks hence why she is wanting to take her colour. Her friend over there has her own stylist which she is going to use. I am providing her with her colour and mixing ratios and timing so she doesn't have any worries regarding coverage etc. We have both discussed that we don't think it would be allowed however I wanted people's opinions as it seems unclear when you search online.

Peroxide explodes under the right conditions. I imagine being shaken up in baggage or being exposed to oxygen and put into a drinks bottle before being shaken up in luggage could possible be just the right conditions :-/
Don't all hairdressers know that peroxide is activated by oxygen???

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I know that it's a hazardous chemical hence why we had the doubt. However at the same time if it was a sealed fresh bottle in her case, I thought possibly this may be ok as I wondered how they get all over the world. I would of assumed by cargo plane, as someone mentioned though it must be by ship.

Latest posts

Back