Taking the next step in 2021

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
hi guys im not sure if im in the correct category im new to this,, so ive been in the industry employed for over 7 years now and i love my job and my salon and my team,, however i recently have been mentoring our apprentice and ive come to find this is were my passion is,teaching :) is anyone on here an educator or assessor? if so how did you get into this and was it worth it? thanks

hi guys im not sure if im in the correct category im new to this,, so ive been in the industry employed for over 7 years now and i love my job and my salon and my team,, however i recently have been mentoring our apprentice and ive come to find this is were my passion is,teaching :) is anyone on here an educator or assessor? if so how did you get into this and was it worth it? thanks
Hey, I work for an academy that does apprenticeships in hair and beauty, where are you based?

Do you want to teach full hairdressing courses in a college setting or just to teach short courses (e.g. bridal styling/extensions) in the salon?

Assuming you hold a minimum Level 3 in Hairdressing, generally, the current pathways are:

• Level 3 Award in Education and Training – short introductory course (approx 10 weeks, part-time) for those just starting out in teaching or those thinking about working in further education. It covers understanding teaching roles, and different learning and assessment methods.
  • Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training – suitable for those already teaching in a paid or voluntary post with access to a minimum of 30 hours’ teaching practice. It lasts between six and nine months and includes units on lesson planning, teaching and assessment methods, and teaching resources.
  • Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training – lasts between one and two years and is suitable for teachers who have access to a minimum of 100 hours’ teaching practice. It includes units on developing teaching and assessment skills, theories and models of learning, and professional practice.
Start by looking at the courses available in your local FE college(s).

Hey, I work for an academy that does apprenticeships in hair and beauty, where are you based?
Hello

I'm in Kettering, Northamptonshire area are you an assessor? Or do you teach x

Latest posts

Back