taking the P!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, and if any of my clients had 11 fingers I would definately charge extra!!!!

Oh no!!! We've already been down the road of charging less for fewer than 10 and more for greater than 10. Don't let's go back there!!!! LOL

Marion

Minky posted about OCD!

This is the SAME EXACT THING my obnoxious client does! I do her nails on Saturday, by Sunday, she's called me on my home phone (because I was dumb enough to get it listed in the phone book) asking me if I can fix it on Tuesday...I don't work Tuesdays. When she comes in on the day I do work, she's broken four or five more. There is never any lifting. They're obviously being bitten at from the sides, because she's missing chunks from the sidewalls (like she put them in her mouth sideways and bit down). They're always clean breaks and the surrounding acrylic is always in good condition, so I know it isn't the product. Her cuticles are always bitten down also. Still, she insists that she doesn't bite them and has been insisting for six months that I must have "missed a step" or that my "product must be bad". I have told her a hundred times, SHE is the ONLY CLIENT that I have that has this problem. She always wants new sets and tries like hell to get me to do them for free. She also calls me during the week "just to talk." I think she's just lonely because her kids and her husband work all day and she stays at home. The funny thing is, when she went on vacation with her family for three weeks, she didn't have ANY issues with those nails. No lifting, no chunk mysteriously missing, no cracks...nothing. The polish didn't even rub off.

It sounds like Bri's client has the same issues.

You must have the patience of a saint to be working out of your home. I tried it, but couldn't do it. My clients started taking advantage of me (showing up at 8:30pm, saying they were "in the neighborhood" and needed a nail fixed "real quick" and..."while you're at it, could I get a pedicure?") I lost patience because it seemed like they stopped respecting my time and my privacy.

If I were you, I'd probably drop her as a client. Your time is more valuable than that. I think clients like that cause nothing but problems. Clients like that just aren't worth the aggrivation. They are the ones that demand the most of your time and energy and have nothing but negative things to say about your work.

Oh, Bri, if I were you, the next time she calls or shows up late to an appointment, tell her (in a heavily slurred voice) that you would do her nails for her, but you're positively smashed and can barely see straight, let alone work on her! LoL!

Anyways, good luck! Hopefully it won't come down to you telling her to GET LOST! LoL!

I wouldn't avoid her calls.

I'd talk to her.
She has admitted she can't help picking at them. Tell her you would like to help her break that habit & for her to have beautiful nails all the time.

Sell her some cuticle oil & a buffer. Tell her when ever she has the urge to pick, to rub in oil or buff instead.
Book appointments weekly for a while. You shouldn't have to do much, but if she knows she's got an appointment soon it gives her more motivation to leave them alone.
Make the effort to get her in ASAP if she does call with a problem, but charge for the privledge.

FINALLY a really sensible answer appears!! along with the other sensible answer from the same person.

What's with all the .. get rid of her ... you don't need clients like this ... tell her you dont work etc etc .... flippin heck, why the hell are we in business peeps. You need all the clients you can get and you have to take the rough with the smooth and smooth the rough ones out. Use your people skills!!

Clients will only take advantage of you if you LET them.

You might also remember that we are in a SERVICE industry and that means we are at clients' beck and call most of the time and you should be glad they are beckoning and calling YOU.

Hi
I honestly think that if you suspect that a person does perhaps have OCD

or maybe very bad nerves to an extent that they really cannot stop the overwhelming desire to bite off their beautiful new nails no matter what anyone says to them ,

so is it really fair on them if we keep on doing their enhancements ?
and taking their money ?

The client we had did tell us that she felt that biting off her enhancements was a protection thing and she suffered from OCD.

After her nails were done beautifully she told us that she may bite them all off later that evening if she gets the OCD feeling :eek:
and she may be in the next day for us to fix them ,

any way she came back in as they were all gone again and badly damaged
this happened around three times
and we had suggested cuticle oil and talked to her , we tried every thing that has been suggested on here.

Anyway the technician who did her nails told her in a kindly manner "that
she would do one more set for her but if she bit them off again she couldn't do them anymore as she was just wasting her money away "

Anyway a family member came in the next day to say thank you for not doing her nails as she was beginning to get into debt by doing what she was doing ,

No doubt she may probably find another salon I don't know.

The nail technician said it she felt it was the right thing to do :hug: x

If I had a person like you describe (God they have a name for everything these days) I would put nails of a more temporary nature on her so that she wouldn't cause the damage when biting them off. I sure wouldn't be turning her away from my door.

There is always more than one way of doing things and if this client wanted to spend her money with me I certainly would be accommodating to her in every way possible.

If I had a person like you describe (God they have a name for everything these days) I would put nails of a more temporary nature on her so that she wouldn't cause the damage when biting them off. I sure wouldn't be turning her away from my door.

What would you put on her Geeg? Just tips?

Thank you all so much for your advice it made me realise that my nails were not to blame and i shouldnt feel guilty as i do have other clients that seam fine with my enhancements.

Anyway i saw the girl in question today and sat her down to have a little chat, well it all poured out and i think the short of it all was she enjoys having the nails done, like its a boost & instant treat for herself but then she starts to feel low again and thinks, i know i will pull the nails off and start again!!!

So i have booked her in for two weeks and told her that she needs to look after her nails untill then and if she feels poo i will do a mini manicure in between.

Hopefully this might slow her down!

Thank you all so much for your advice it made me realise that my nails were not to blame and i shouldnt feel guilty as i do have other clients that seam fine with my enhancements.

Anyway i saw the girl in question today and sat her down to have a little chat, well it all poured out and i think the short of it all was she enjoys having the nails done, like its a boost & instant treat for herself but then she starts to feel low again and thinks, i know i will pull the nails off and start again!!!

So i have booked her in for two weeks and told her that she needs to look after her nails untill then and if she feels poo i will do a mini manicure in between.

Well done, you've found out she needs something to make her feel good & offered her something better then starting from scratch & damaging her nails and if it's pampering she needs you could suggest other treatments she might like to try.

Well isn't that a great result .. allot better than telling her to P*** off! or any of the 'other' wonderful bits of advice you got! :rolleyes:

Well isn't that a great result .. allot better than telling her to P*** off! or any of the 'other' wonderful bits of advice you got! :rolleyes:
FAB!! you have done the right thing, she will see that you care about her nails and that you dont just give in when it gets tough!! Just imagine how she will feel when you finally get her to respect her nails and they look so great. Just remember to compliment her nails, its amazing what a bit of positive comments will do, x

Latest posts

Back