Taking too long to do a full set, help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angel-lashes

Reaction score
Hi geeks, i have just started lashing done 6 upto now but its taking me 3 hours what can i do? I have found it takes me ages to pick a lash from its strip an im considering changing to loose with a mat thats meant to make them stand up so easy to pickup any advice please xx

How thick are the lashes your picking up? I started with thick lashes to begin with to get used to placing them on whilst having to separate, are your tweezers nice and straight? Sometimes they bend at tips which makes it a lot harder to pick up as they seem to slide away! I was in the same position as you in fact I still am :) I have now done 19 sets and that is me just starting to do sets in 2 hours although if the client has more lashes than average I am still taking a little longer! If your having a moment while doing them where you feel frustrated go and get a drink take a minutes breather and go back to it that seems to help me too :) you will find once you go on to a faster drying glue this helps a lot more too with your time! Hope this helps :) xx

How thick are the lashes your picking up? I started with thick lashes to begin with to get used to placing them on whilst having to separate, are your tweezers nice and straight? Sometimes they bend at tips which makes it a lot harder to pick up as they seem to slide away! I was in the same position as you in fact I still am :) I have now done 19 sets and that is me just starting to do sets in 2 hours although if the client has more lashes than average I am still taking a little longer! If your having a moment while doing them where you feel frustrated go and get a drink take a minutes breather and go back to it that seems to help me too :) you will find once you go on to a faster drying glue this helps a lot more too with your time! Hope this helps :) xx

Thanks hun im using sky glue from lady lash one of the fastest drying im also using 15 thick usually i just really struggle to pick up an sometimes my hand is in wrong position or i drop the lash and have to go back again have you any experience or heard anything about the loose lashes an mat im wondering if theyvdo stand up on the mat making them easy to grab

I know it sounds daft but I started with 20.mm thickness to start with I have just moved down to thinner ones between .10 .12 and .15 the last few days and you definitely notice a difference with trying to lift them! I'll be honest I have done the course 3 times ! The first two was with the loose lashes and 2nd with the strip, for me id definitely say the strip was a lot easier! As when you use the loose lashes they need to b sitting in a certain position and lift them up a certain way it's more turning of your hand if that makes any sense? I hold my tweezers (the ones I pick the lashes up with) like a pen and place the lash on that way, I noticed my lash tutor placed the individual lash underneath the natural one instead of on top but she said that its down to personal preference. Your maybe best buying a little pot and seeing how it works for you! let me know how you get on I've probably not been that much of help but I feel your pain as your seeing all these wonderful sets of lashes and comparing yours to them but it's just practice as they say good luck :) xx

I know it sounds daft but I started with 20.mm thickness to start with I have just moved down to thinner ones between .10 .12 and .15 the last few days and you definitely notice a difference with trying to lift them! I'll be honest I have done the course 3 times ! The first two was with the loose lashes and 2nd with the strip, for me id definitely say the strip was a lot easier! As when you use the loose lashes they need to b sitting in a certain position and lift them up a certain way it's more turning of your hand if that makes any sense? I hold my tweezers (the ones I pick the lashes up with) like a pen and place the lash on that way, I noticed my lash tutor placed the individual lash underneath the natural one instead of on top but she said that its down to personal preference. Your maybe best buying a little pot and seeing how it works for you! let me know how you get on I've probably not been that much of help but I feel your pain as your seeing all these wonderful sets of lashes and comparing yours to them but it's just practice as they say good luck :) xx
Thanks love for helping i will let you know if i go with loose or just persevere xx

Nouveau express lashes are fab, I have done semi perm and don't have 2 hours to do a set. I did the lets go training, so that's strip, cluster and express and I can't recommend it enough. It takes 20 minutes for a natural set and around 45 minutes for a full on, I charge £28. They done need Infills every two weeks, you just remove the lashes and start again. And personally I find I can put more lashes in than permenant

Xx

Hi geeks, i have just started lashing done 6 upto now but its taking me 3 hours what can i do? I have found it takes me ages to pick a lash from its strip an im considering changing to loose with a mat thats meant to make them stand up so easy to pickup any advice please xx
Try buying a lash ring - it's like a bridge U shape and it slots into a glue ring - you stick the strips you want into it and it fans them out making it easier to pick them off the strip also you pop the ring on your finger next to your glue ring finger and that saves a bit of time too
hope that helps x

PS they sell them on ebay, very cheap

Latest posts

Back