Talc after spray tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JemmaB

Reaction score
My boss has been on a course and she said the trainer had told her after spray tanning, to undo the nozzle off the gun and blow talc over the client so that it dries quicker...
Ive never ever heard this and am puzzled as to why you'd do it because quite frankly it got bloody everyone.
Can anyone enlighten me?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Wouldn't the talc stick to the wet tan? I have never heard of anyone doing this! X

OMG where are these trainers getting there ideas from. I have just spoken to someone today who has been taught to use 150mls of solution when spraying. cant believe people are training to spray profits down the plug hole. if when you have finished spraying you are having to use a mitt or dryer or 'talc' then you are spraying too wet turn your gun down so ur not spraying as much solution.

I've never heard of this, sounds like a ridiculous and pointless exercise :eek:
Really the client shouldn't be wet after a spray tan so shouldn't need talc to dry off lol x

I did my training a couple of months ago and was taught to use talc, just on the areas where the client may sweat (--armpits, backs on knees). However since, I've never used it and never needed to as if your guns on the right setting your client should be virtually dry anyway.

The use of talcs is a practice generally undertaken by some therapists who live in hot climates..particularly in the USA

The purpose is of course to attempt to speed up the drying process and prevent the tan from running due to sweating

Of course here in the UK where we have much cooler temperatures this practice really is not necessary and can really cause problems and customers feeling somewhat clogged up on there skin

It can,as has already been pointed out create one hell of a mess in the working environment also :eek:

So I think ,particularly here in the UK that more potential problems are created in using talcs than not.

If your client needs any drying of solution on the skin simply remove the gun from its hose and blow warm air onto any wet areas.
HTH :hug:

I too was taught to use talk, but never ever will. I dont think its necessary and im a person who suffers with excess sweating!

As for blowing talc over someone with the hose..OMG I cannot believe someone would actually do that, let alone teach someone else to do it too!! Talc is NOT designed to be inhaled! It can cause all sorts of nasty problems in the respiratory system and lead to breathing problems and lung problems in the future. I learnt all about this in my Degree and alos found this:
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/002719.htm
xx

I believe talc is also now classed as a carcinogenic! Ur not supposed to use it anymore in treatments! Or so i was told?.....

Oh my word so glad I have just seen this , I'm a hairdresser and decided I would like to do a spray tan course to offer an extra service , I went last week and was taught to lightly blow talc with the hose onto sweat prone areas , this lady apparently developed some of the spray tan techniques used by alot of the spray tan companies , feel totally ripped off !!!

Yep, inhaled talc is a real no no - can cause cancer - so both you and the client are at risk.

If the client is too wet at the end, use less solution next time!!

= more profit and less chemo.

Yep, inhaled talc is a real no no - can cause cancer - so both you and the client are at risk.

If the client is too wet at the end, use less solution next time!!

= more profit and less chemo.

Yes i remember my lecturer at college saying this! Should i tell my boss this?
Apart from this i dont find it any use as my tans arent wet anyway.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back