Tammy Taylor

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mindyt

Reaction score
Hi there, Im a new geek. Was wondering if anyone else out there uses the Tammy Taylor system and what you think of it?
I am in two minds about the need to etch but otherwise it is a great product! Would appreciate any input on this. thanks.

i am trained with tammy taylor, i found that the product holds just as well with a gentle removal of the shine from the nailplate with a 240 file.

Great thanks for that. I love the product but am weary about the etching. A lot of different products use no etching and a lot of people say etching is not necessary and is bad for the nail plate.

Im confused,what does etching mean,is this buffing the nail plate?

Im confused,what does etching mean,is this buffing the nail plate?

yes , the tammy taylor u.s training advises the use of a 100 grit file to prepare the nail[ all be it only lightly ], although i know that here in the u.k the trainers modify that to a finer grit file.
i dont really know why you would need a course file, the product is very good and adheres very well with a mild but thorough prep.

:eek: 100 grit does seem a bit coarse,and i can understand why the technicians in the Uk would opt for a finer grit.Thanks for that,i think i prefer the word "prep" or "buff" rather than etch:lol:

Btw,do most companies prep the nail with 140 or 180 grit,what is the norm?

Lower than a 240grit on a natural nail is not recommended.

OMG,thanks for that....i really am embaressed now:o

Lower than a 240grit on a natural nail is not recommended.

I was trained with 240 grit as well. Anything more coarse leaves scratches in the nail.

actually it varies between companies, but generally 240 or 180 grit is the norm.

Latest posts

Back