Tan and pedicure?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flashlash

Reaction score
Hi guys

Just wondering I'm doing 2 regular pedicures this week with spray tans. I've never done a regular pedicure and tan straight away. With Shellac it's easy because it's instantly dry and I'd do toes then vaseline over them followed by tan. What order of things do you do a regular one with though. Obviously I can't do the pedi after the tan but how do you stop the tan getting on the toes without smudging the toes? It's hard to cover them up for risk of smudging and with couch roll it just blows off with the tan machine!

Help please!!

Normally i do the spray tan after nails and once u done the tan as long as u wipe it off with a baby wipe straight away it never stays I think it could also depend on which brand you use I use nouvatan and doesnt cause a problem

I usually do gel toes then tan. Just wondering if treating the feet with the foot scrub/ soak, mask or removing the dead skin would affect the tan or act as a barrier. Or would you just do a regular one? I'm using gel so do that then soak feet, remove dead skin and then???? Dry and tan?

Thanks

Hi guys

Just wondering I'm doing 2 regular pedicures this week with spray tans. I've never done a regular pedicure and tan straight away. With Shellac it's easy because it's instantly dry and I'd do toes then vaseline over them followed by tan. What order of things do you do a regular one with though. Obviously I can't do the pedi after the tan but how do you stop the tan getting on the toes without smudging the toes? It's hard to cover them up for risk of smudging and with couch roll it just blows off with the tan machine!

Help please!!

Not really sure you will be able to do a full pedi without compromising something, you can't soak massage etc after tan, but equally doing before will not necessarily be good- oil/cream on skin etc. I would say you could polish toes after tan- wipe nails as you would then paint, maybe the client can have flip flops on ready if need be. I would do Maybe a mini pedi soak, scrub and dry skin removal. Heal cream maybe. Tan. Polish x

I personally would not do a pedicure before a tan. You'll find the bottom half of the clients legs would be different because of the products used.

I would tan the client then do a file and polish afterwards though.

I also wouldnt do a full pedi. I do gel toes (dry instantly) get them to rinse their feet (im mobile) then tan. Or as said above file & polish after their tan. Xx

I recommend they come for a pedi a day or two before the tan. If they desperately want their nails painted at the last minute, I will do pedi without nail paint, then tan and paint on the same day (I tan, then paint the nails while the tan is drying!)
Vicki x

Latest posts

Back