Tan 'came off'

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhiannon1408

Reaction score
Hi geeks, so in 2 years of tanning this is my first complaint.

Did a party of 7 last night of varying percentages from 10-16. One of the ladies that's had a 14% has messaged me to say she's not happy as the tan has 'come off'. None of the other 6 have had a problem but I'm thinking its probably not as dark as she was expecting as she's not had a tan before.

Not really sure what to reply or what to suggest. Do I respray her for free to keep her happy as she's known as a bit of a trouble maker.

Thanks in advance geeks :)

Ask to see her tan... I've had two people come back with issues and it purely because they didn't follow my after care program. One of the two complaints is now a regular customer

Was thinking of doing this, a picture of where her underwear was so I can see if there is a line etc.

Shall I ask her to take me through exactly what she did following the tan as not to lead her into saying something?

Ok so I've asked for a picture of her hip/tummy area, and to take me through what she did following the tan. Waiting for a reply...

She is probably just thinking that the tan washed off in the shower as it isn't as dark as she expected (what she saw wash off was the just guide colour).

Wait for her to send a photo of her tan line and then make your decission on what you feel you need to do (if anything). I would expect you to just have to expalin that there is nothing wrong with her tan, it is just as it should be.

If they haven't had a tan before they do think its washed off when they shower and the guide colour comes off lol

I spray tanned a girl yesterday morning (at 10am) and told her to wash it off before bed or at least after 6-8hrs. She was very pale so I use 10% Nouvatan on her. She contacted me last night and said that she had washed off (about 10pm) and it had dissapeared!!! I told her to go to bed and see in the morning. She got up this morning andessages to say she had a nice colour :)

She is probably just thinking that the tan washed off in the shower as it isn't as dark as she expected (what she saw wash off was the just guide colour).

Wait for her to send a photo of her tan line and then make your decission on what you feel you need to do (if anything). I would expect you to just have to expalin that there is nothing wrong with her tan, it is just as it should be.

Thanks hun, she replied saying it wasn't that area it was her legs. She only sent me a picture of her legs so I couldn't see them compared to her tummy which she said was brown. I offered to go and respray her legs as a gesture of goodwill but she then said she was applying instant tan.

After I had done all the tans I sat down with all 7 ladies and went through aftercare, and explained about guide colour etc so it's not that. She must just be one of those people that their legs don't take as well as the rest of their body (I am also like this), but I spoke to my mum about it and rather then her possibly bad mouthing me I have said I'll respray her legs for free when all the instant has gone.

Thanks for your help geeks :)

I find that all tans can take up to 24 hours to develop FULLY so as the above person said it may be worth her waiting a while.

It may also be worth asking her how she prepped for the tan - I had a tan not "take" to a regular client who knows how to prepare properly. But this time she had a bath before I got there with a LUSH bath bomb in and it created a complete barrier. So although she prepped properly - exfoliated, shaved 24 hours before, no perfume/lotion etc she actually created a barrier on her whole body without realising. Another thing is soap and glory exfoliating scrub, people use it thinking they are doing well by exfoliating but actually that can cause a barrier to as its very oily. Hopefully she'll send you a pic soon and you can decide x

Latest posts

Back