Tan Extractor

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautyandme

Reaction score
Hi, I am looking for a tan extractor, does anyone know of a good make and low price?

Am I right in thinking that a kitchen extractor would do the job just as well?

thanks for any info.

I think this would really depend on the equipment you are using and the amount of overspray it produces. I used to work with an airbrush and compressor (old school lol) and it was overspray city.....I didn't have an extractor but I would have needed a real heavy duty one to pull the overspray out of the atmosphere.

I now use a TC3, very minimal overspray.

What type of equipment are you using and are you thinking of a static unit?

Hi Cathie, I use Iwata Silver with Fake Bake, and get alot of overspray. It would be good to have an extractor, that could be portable, as well as just kept in the one place.

You said that you use to work with an airbrush/compressor, but that is old school. What is new? I only know of them and the HVLP's.

thanks

Hi, does anyone have any ideas?

thanks

Hi Cathie, I use Iwata Silver with Fake Bake, and get alot of overspray. It would be good to have an extractor, that could be portable, as well as just kept in the one place.

You said that you use to work with an airbrush/compressor, but that is old school. What is new? I only know of them and the HVLP's.

thanks
My airbrush and compressor was overspray city, great results but way too much over spray........ if you want a portable, there are many professional spray tan hplv's (which spray at a much lower psi) on the market such as the mini mist, which I know from first hand experience doesn't produce the over spray you are experiencing.

I use a TC3 salon machine, minimal over spray.

I use a HVLP applicator and find I have very little overspray. I started out using an airbrush and couldnt cope with the vast amount of overspray and the slowness of the application. Now I can do a full body within 10 mins with minimum mess.

As for an extractor.. I have a mobile extractor unit that I got from Tantrick, it keeps my salon room (20' x 20') clear of any overspray and has been a great investment. It is only a small unit that sits along side my screen and just draws any overspray into it.

Like Cathie says, airbrush systems tend to produce more overspray. It also depends on whether you are going mobile or working from a salon. Also consider how many tans you will probably do in a day. If you are only doing 2 or 3 a day I wouldnt worry about it. Make sure you have ventilation of some sort though such as a window. Some solutions which contain alcohol tend to be more airborne than others. I think a kitchen type ventilator would be fine.

Latest posts

Back