Tan for ginger/fair haired people. Help please!

hiya all
lm looking for a tann solution for my spray mach for first time tanners gingers an fair hair people nothink dark or orange need it aspa for proms people help!!!!

Lush-Lash

hiya all
lm looking for a tann solution for my spray mach for first time tanners gingers an fair hair people nothink dark or orange need it aspa for proms people help!!!!
Try LA tan 10%

just use a light tan and do a light spray. i did a very fared skin client (she was a first time tanner) the other day with st tropez i used the dark solution(it was all i had) and 3 light coats and she looks great. she even text me to say she wanted it darker next time.

I think when you are looking or something quite light and subtle the rapid tans can be really good as they can be washed off after a couple of hours for that type of colour or left on a little longer for a bit more colour. I use Suntana's Rapid for his type of client, it's lovely xx

Personally on a red head fair first time tan I would prob go 8%. Or use a fast tan washed off after 1hour approx depending on solution. If they do tan a little bit I would personally not go darker than an 10%. I use suntana which is more of a brown tan and sienna x which is golden x

noreenoconnor

CND Education Ambassador Cork
I'm very pale and i use vita liberata solution in light (it's 8%) it's beautiful , very natural would highly recommend

lucyboo

I'm a red head & find sienna x 8% is lovely. Not too dark & a gorgeous natural tan x

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

I sprayed a client the other day who was very fair with light ginger hair, I used LA Tan 10%, was very natural x

lisa.sharrock

Sienna X recently launched a new 6% spray tan, called touche de soleil, I use that on brides and fair haired people. I will be using it myself for my wedding day and I'm very fair. It just gives a glow rather than a "tan" which is what some people prefer. I actually find 8% dark at times, don't mind for a night out, but sometimes just want a subtle colour.

ProperPrincess

Fresh indulgence 7.5 x

I agree with pp's use 8-10% solutions. Personally I stock Nouvatan (golden) and LA tan (brown). I generally use 8% or 10% Nouvatan or 10% LA depending on individual client and their expectations. The other option is to use a fast tan and just advise client to wash off after approx 1-2hrs for a light tan (depending on expectations and solution used). At least you can use solution on all your clients and offer everything from a light tan to very dark tan. LA and Nouvatan's fast solutions are 20%

I would recommend 8% nouvatan, perfect for that skin type

I did a redheaded client with Fresh Indulgence 9.5%. She got loads of compliments and looked fab!

Sienna x 8% is what I would use

I agree with lisag1ll, I love Sienna x's 6% I use it on myself all the time and on my brides too. Everyone who has it loves it and raves about it.

I am Ginger and so is my daughter and i also did a young girl for her 18th the other week who was very white and ginger used Sienna X 8% which is absoultely lovely. I have also used the 10% on me and my daughter and like that as well.

Hope that helps

I'm a red head and would go for Fresh Indulgence 'revive' 7.5 or 9.5. Nice golden rather than mocha coloured tone which looks good.

Ambermist

For paler skins its always better to go for a lighter tan as it will look more natural and fades much better on the client.

Our 8% is actually one ouf our most popular shades, we have a lot of customers with pale complexions and they find it gives them a great colour without looking unnatural.

Remembering that not all redheads and blondes have pale skin and some do actually get a great tan in the sun.

You need to follow the Fitzpatrick guide. For best results and a good fade....

Fitzpatrick I - nothing more than 10% - a light coat at that (preferably 8%). If using a rapid tan (15% DHA or less) 1 hour and then wash off.

Fitzpatrick 2 - nothing more than a medium coat of 10% or a light coat of 12%. If using a rapid tan (15% DHA or less) 2 hours and then wash off.

Fitzpatrick 3 - nothing more than a medium coat of 12%. If using a rapid tan (15% DHA or less) 3 hours and then wash off.

Fitzpatrick 4 and 5 - nothing more than a medium coat of 15%. If using a rapid tan (15% DHA or less) 4 hours and then wash off.

You can't really go wrong following the Fitzpatrick scale unless you over or under apply.

I'm a redhead and love sienna x 8% - perfect colour!!