Tan for labour/delivery!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brownt62

Reaction score
Hi geeks
I'm noticing a new 'trend' and wondering if any other spray tanners out there are coming across same...
Pregnant (first time) women wanting tan done in time for delivery?
Having had a baby many years ago the last thing in the world I cared about was whether I was tanned or not during delivery and far be it from me to be judgemental (not) but I am tanning one expectant mum (due any day) every week so her tan is topped up and I now have another booked in for same reason.....anyone else come across this? My guess is they wont be looking for it with a second baby :)
Thanks
Jan
xxxx

I've not had one yet!! But how funny!! I'm having baby no three and believe me my tan is the least of my worries!! !!!!

omg i have a girl booked in, in 3 weeks for a tan and nails for labour, i was kinda shocked when she said it haha!

Ah love it! I love it when new mums don't wanna look crap lol
Yummy mummy is the way forward!

Well geeks, am not afraid to admit it, I had a tan, manicure, pedicure, and a Hollywood done. That first pics with your baby is for life! I didn't want to look like a bute. I know at the time it's the least of your worries, but believe me it's worth it, a little bit of pampering!

xxx

Each to their own i guess :)

Personally i had this vision of myself having nicely done hair, fabulous make up and a pretty nightie for the birth nevermind the photos. What actually happened was half dried hair, no makeup and just a manky old bra when i gave birth! Thankfully for all concerned i put clothes on for the photos but even then i wore this blue tshirt nightie with two cows on it with moody written above which mum bought me (mother and i both have the same sense if humour !!) I didnt look like a babe but id just produced an 8lb 10 2 week early baby, but i dont mind one bit as that bubba in my arms was all that mattered and i have that photo to treasure.

Three weeks later i had my nephews christening and my lovely hubby treated me to a new cut and colour and a new outfit. I felt great and off we trotted to the christening my new little family and i.

If i ever gave birth again id do it no different but if thats what clients want to do then its money for business and a mummy to be feeling great.

Love n hugs x x x

Oh dear lord. When I look back at pics of me and baby, well my eyes are half closed, hair stuck to my face, after 18hrs in labour you tend to sweat a bit lol so I'm guessing having a tan wouldn't make pics any better lol. At 1 point, I had a cold cloth across my forehead to cool down. My hubby and midwives were calling Rab C Nesbitt lol

I just hope they have time to wash off the guide colour before going to hospital lol.

Do they cover their boobies when getting sprayed? It just that if they were breast feeding wouldn't the baby taste the tan....

I get this quite a bit, my first lady I went out to she had the birthing pool all set up and told me baby was due the next day, the only thing I could think of was I hope she showers before she gets in the pool...

I did one last year who was due on the Tuesday, she had the tan at 4pm on the Friday before and went into labour a few hours after id sprayed her, again all I could think was I hope she showered before going to the hospital....

I'm always doing nails and toes for labour...

Each to their own, I had my babies ages ago and it didn't even cross my mind :)

When I had my boys I'm sure I could have nails or varnish on? I think I did have my feet AND bikini done but purely coz I couldn't see them!! Lol

I have recently done 3 pregnant ladies with tans, shellac fingers & toes. It seems to be the in thing.:D

My daughter has requested regular tans

I had beautiful L&p nails with trendy wrap toes. Whilst in labour all had to be pulled off because of complications and they were nearly going to do a c section.

When i have another (not for a while but definatly will be another) i wont be having anything on my nails, its really not worth it.

I had beautiful L&p nails with trendy wrap toes. Whilst in labour all had to be pulled off because of complications and they were nearly going to do a c section.

When i have another (not for a while but definatly will be another) i wont be having anything on my nails, its really not worth it.

Maybe that's why I thought you couldn't have nails! X

As far as I'm aware you are advised against wearing fake tan or anything on the nails when having hospital treatment, no tan incase you become jaundiced and they can't see the changing colour of your skin under the tan and no nail polish/ enhancements incase your finger nails start to turn blue, a sign of complications xx

I had minx done the day before and slapped on the self tan. Oh and had a set of enhancements on for baby number three. Also moved house the day she was born, but that's another thread....lol!

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using SalonGeek

I have not yet come across this either but know from my own experiences that it is the last thing on your mind!! Yes I was as all up together waxing wise but I was no where near as picky about nails and tan etc. My toes were painted nicely with my son as he was born in the summer but my daughter was January so as I couldn't reach them anyway I didn't bother!! I didn't have a very good labour with my first and stayed on HDU in the labour ward for a couple of days on blood transfusions etc but as soon as I was back on the ward I washed my hair and my darling sister came in and straightened it for me!! Made me feel so much better. My daughters birth was a totally different story and I sat in bed doing my make-up the next morning on no sleep at all!!

Don't forget to check your insurance policies to make sure you can tan pregnant ladies... not all insurers will let you near pregnant ladies at ANY point in pregnancy...

Latest posts

Back