Tan fumes!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mimo9

Reaction score
Got a glut of tans this week.....52 from Wednesday till tomorrow as it's prom time. I love every minute and as a relatively new business it's been amazing BUT I don't wear a mask and as my hands, arms and feet are getting darker by the second I am worrying a little now that I should be!! That and my husband has planted the seed as I had the obligatory brown 'bogies' the other night :sad: What do other geeks do?

Wow Mimo

How fab for you being so busy. Do you have an extractor fan? Thats should help a fair amount, make sure, where you can, that you have good ventilation too especially if you are doing a lot one after the other.

Got a glut of tans this week.....52 from Wednesday till tomorrow as it's prom time. I love every minute and as a relatively new business it's been amazing BUT I don't wear a mask and as my hands, arms and feet are getting darker by the second I am worrying a little now that I should be!! That and my husband has planted the seed as I had the obligatory brown 'bogies' the other night :sad: What do other geeks do?

I found my hands getting darker, and when i did blow my nose brown bits from the fumes were appearing, that was only after two full tans :/ Maybe a open window and those masks would be helpful, and working with gloves aren't always ideal but maybe it might help.

Doing that many you should definately take steps to prevent breathing in the tan and over exposure.Chances are you will start to get headaches and sinus problems.
Work safely, and good spraytan companies will have guidelines in place for you to follow ie using extractors,keeping your gun turned down to minimise over spray wearing masks,gloves when doing many tans etc, and you will be fine.

Thanks guys. Yes we have an industrial extractor built into the wall of the room and it does a great job....usually!! however this week everything has been feeling the pressure ( myself included) and the fan is struggling. I think it needs dismantling and cleaning. I have a little polyp thing in my nose which has just appeared and won't go away. That is why I posted if I'm honest as I got a bit worried. I have now hit 60+ tans and can't quite believe how busy it's been. I love it though and wouldn't change a thing....well apart from my weeping nostrils!!

After spending 2 yrs tanning i decided to purchase one of these and it has made so much difference. No fumes at all now :0) Yes they are pricey but i found that my business was getting busier and busier and now tan at least 20-30 clients a week so it has paid for itself!

Attachments

• tan rm.jpg
    tan rm.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 137
Taralass, that looks fab but dare I ask how much? I would love one of these in my room because I have a tent at the minute and also do nails and after last weeks prom influx every surface in my room and the floor was covered in tan :(

The machine was £800 but that was second hand. You soon make it back! I replace the filter every 8 weeks which costs about £10

Latest posts

Back