Tan has green patches

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emerald

Reaction score
Just done a spray tan this morning on a lady who told me during the consultation that she had done all the correct preparation. But a few hours ago she has phoned me and said that she has green patches on her legs, I asked her again: did she have anything on her legs such as moisturiser she again said no I asked her everything but she said she had done everything right, what could the problem be??
I used sienna x 8% (brand new bottle just opened) so I dont have a clue?

mmmmmm if there is only patchiness being experienced I would rule out the solution.(thats the manufacturer off the hook)...if the patches are green I would rule out the application(thats you off the hook)

By the sounds of it it would appear its a client problem...possibilites could be
1) washing with a soap with a high PH level and not washing it off fully to the legs
2) Perhaps perspiration problem (ladies have alkaline sweat)
3) Medication..probably not
4) perfume application

It may also be that if the tan was only done this morning that insufficient time has lapsed for the tan to develop to this area.
i would suggest you ask her to nip in to see you 24hrs from having the original tan...probably the patches could well have disappeared by then..if not just touch em up

Hoping that helps a little :hug:

Ok thanks for that, thought it must be something to do with something the client has applied. I am actually mobile so she cant come to see me but I am doing her makeup on Saturday so I will see her then, I think maybe it could be the guide colour and maybe it will wash off when she showers as I have never experienced this before on any other client.:rolleyes:

The only time I've had a green reaction with sienna is if there has been some deoderant residue left on the skin, but that will just wash off with the guide colour.
K

The only time I've had a green reaction with sienna is if there has been some deoderant residue left on the skin, but that will just wash off with the guide colour.
K

As you say K.. I sometimes notice that clients have a slight green tinge down their side torso.... and its because of deodorant.... it may look a little odd .. but it washes away with the colour guide. Its not idea looking a little green.. but its a temporary blip. Just ask the client to make sure they are deodorant or product free the next time around. :)

Latest posts

Back