Tan not taking! Help please geeks!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachey

Reaction score
Hi geeks got a bit of a problem I hope you can help me with! I've recently started tanning .. Done a couple of tans which have all been great.. I've got a client tho who the tan never seems to take to! First time I put it down to it maybe just being too light for her:s so she wanted to try the next percentage up.. Did the tan on her yesterday and it looked nice... But she texted me this morning saying it has ALL washed off again!!! :-( . She was nice about it but I just want to be able to tan her and it stay on!! Lol she's the only person I have this problem with! Has anyone else experienced this?

Is she being thorough with her prep before the tan? what exactly do you say to her when she books an appointment? I mean regarding pre tan info? x

Thanks for your reply, I emailed her all the prep info so the usual exfoliate and moisturise, shave etc. told her to make sure on the day she doesn't have any products on her skin. I have just found out from her that she showered about an hour before her app and used soap! Could this be the reason why the tan hasn't taken?? She also said to me that her night clothes were COVERED in tan by the next morning!! I didn't spray too much tan... And it only seems to be her it's coming out like this on!!

What solution are you using?

Make sure she's fully dry and doesn't shower or use any products or shower preferably a good few hours before, does she have oily skin as this will affect the staying power?

Can you possibly see her tan the next day? Maybe it's not as dark and she would like so she thinks it isn't working? Or maybe that solution isn't for her, as with all solutions, they work differently on everyone and I don't think there is one that suits every single person! X

Thanks for your replies geeks, I used sienna x 10%. I'm thinking it must be down to her prep.. So will go though it all again with her and hopefully next one turns out better... !

Certain medication can prevent the tam from taking, I would also check this with her to.

Check her bikini line too - this will tell you if it's taken or not :) If there is a line then it's taken! It's merely not as dark as the guide colour which for some reason a lot of customers expect it to be... Get her to pop round and have a look for yourself. 10% to me isn't very dark but I use Nouvatan so not sure how dark Sienna should come up...
I use 10 for people who are very light coloured and don't tan easily and so tend to get shocked if they suddenly go dark :D

Tans dont take for all sorts of reasons.

>In proper pre care
>using purfumed/oil based products
> hormones..........Time of the month
> pregnancy
>Bathing before a tan
>medication

You need to go over everything she done before her tan and all the products she uses could be a simple explication.
Its happened to me before with a client and turns out she was pregnant.
I also have a client that every time shes due her TOM her tan doesnt take x

My sister is pregnant and the tan doesn't take at all! I have a pregnant client booked in next month and I've said I'll tan her, but have warned her it may not take. But never heard about your periods affecting it!?!?!?

Tans dont take for all sorts of reasons.

>In proper pre care
>using purfumed/oil based products
> hormones..........Time of the month
> pregnancy
>Bathing before a tan
>medication

You need to go over everything she done before her tan and all the products she uses could be a simple explication.
Its happened to me before with a client and turns out she was pregnant.
I also have a client that every time shes due her TOM her tan doesnt take x

Hi Rachey,

These are pretty much all the reasons for tan not taking. The only other reason which is sometimes the case is if she is DHA resistant. Has she had spray tans before and how have they been?? Just a thought. Good luck x

i don't think the problem here is either the solution being used,your application or your clients pre tan prep
It therefore just leaves either medication/pregnancy issues which i don't overly believe is the problem as there would more likely be problems with the tan outcome rather than no tan at all.
So in conclusion...I think she is simply one of the very few that simply don't react to DHA development of skin tone
Sorry but sounds like it to me :sad:

Latest posts

Back