Tan on a tanned lady?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jodie-danielle

Reaction score
Morning,
I have already done a search but they were a little out of date for me to get a response from some of the answers so figured id ask again.

I have a lady in today at 2 (need answers before lol) who has quite a nice glow to get skin, she looks very naturally tanned (brown/golden) on her chest and arms, she is going on holiday tomorrow and wants a nice glow but doesn't want to be black. So my question is... What the hell % do I use because I fear that 8% will look ok as a guide coat but once washed off won't look much different but I'm panicking a little as I have never made a 10% and will she look silly?

I use NOUVATAN :)

So any advice would be great and if I do 10% and I use 50ml to do a tan do I mix 25 of 8 and 25 of 12 :s

I think I would use a 12 on her? If she's already tanned the difference might not be too much and she might be happy with that :)

Otherwise what you said about mixing was right :)

I think I would use a 12 on her? If she's already tanned the difference might not be too much and she might be happy with that :)

Otherwise what you said about mixing was right :)

Thankyou for your reply :)

Glad I'm mixing right, she making me nervous though coz she has two daughters who have tans done n there's went horribly wrong (not by me) so she really nervous n wants it perfect x

I agree with Lolly I would do a 12 % :)

Hi there,

As your client is a golden colour already and is going on holiday, I would go for a 12, and because you are using Nouvatan, it will still give a golden glow without being incredibly dark.

All I would add, as you a feeling a bit nervous as her daughters had bad tans is ensure that the barrier cream is used and well rubbed in to all dry areas. As you are getting her to rub in the cream and telling her why, this will increase her confidence in your ability. I am just guessing, but sometimes if barrier cream hasn't been used at all or not used properly, any dry areas will look over tanned. The amount of people who I have tanned and have never been offered barrier cream, let alone the do's and don'ts before the appointment! They have all been pleased with their Nouvatan, and that gets them coming back!!!

Don't worry, you and your client will be fine! :hug:

Latest posts

Back