Tan on the palms of hands?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlytaylor1986

Reaction score
So I did my first paying mobile client's tan last night. I have around 4 years experience though, the only thing is is that she said she had tan on the palms of her hands but the rest of the tan was great. What does everyone use for the palms of hands? I would use vaseline but think it could get a bit messy, why can't they do sticky hands? Anyway, just interested how people avoid this problem x

I use aqueous cream, works really well x

What have you been doing for the last 4 years just out of interest?
Dont use Vaseline, it will create a line where the vaseline stops and the skin begins making it even more obvious that a tan has been applied.
Use Aqueous cream as advised above, as this will create a barrier for the palms, but allow some tan to penetrate at the sides so the fade between tanned skin and palm will look natural.
x

What have you been doing for the last 4 years just out of interest?
Dont use Vaseline, it will create a line where the vaseline stops and the skin begins making it even more obvious that a tan has been applied.
Use Aqueous cream as advised above, as this will create a barrier for the palms, but allow some tan to penetrate at the sides so the fade between tanned skin and palm will look natural.
x

Haha, that made me laugh. I have still been spray tanning don't get me wrong. After I trained I worked in a salon but couldn't live on the poor wage. So after a year I went back to a secretarial job and did spray tan privately but just on family and friends hehe so I didn't give it up, just meaning I have only gone back out to the public and advertising and am trying to get more clients. I started off offering Shellac and decided to add spray tanning onto my treatment list when I got a better spray tan, so am new to using Nouvatan and the TS20. I used to use Tantruth and the Sienna X spray tanning machine, but as I said on friends and family :) hope that cleared it up heeh! x

I use aqueous cream as a barrier for palms & after the tan i wipe the palms with couch towel to remove the barrier cream & any spray thats clinging on to it (after getting advice from one of the geeks i also make sure i say "this will ensure you don't end up with orange palms" - so i can be sure that any accidents after that are not my fault!). Hope that makes sense.

I use Nou8vatan's barrier cream, applied to both upper hand and palm, then when Im done spraying, I hold a babywipe up and get the client to rub their palms together with the wipe inbetween, so they know there's none left! Any that gets on palms after they go home must be their doing!

Latest posts

Back