Tan party patch test ????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leesse

Reaction score
I'm doing my first tan party next Friday for 10 ladies, just wondering how on earth I would go about doing a patch test?? The host lives 30 mins away and some of the ladies attending live 30mins further on!! Do you advise dabbing solution behind the ear whilst I'm setting up? I know that it's a necessity for insurance but wouldn't normally stress if they've had spray tans before?

Just wondering what you more experienced geeks would advise?

Thanks, Lisa x

Have you phoned and checked this with your insurance as they are all different and with mine I have been told I only need to patch test if a client has had an allergic reaction to any tanning product before x

If my clients are coming from miles away I usually try to grab them as soon as they get near (distance wise!) ie if I am in the near area I will patch test them if possible and then later come and do their tan. If not possible i do one while I'm setting up, if you are at all wworrie you can get them to sign a disclaimer and then you are covered. CHeck with your insurer and see wht they require
xx:)

Most insurers if they require you to do a patch test will not accept a disclainer form instead x

That's great thank you. Will check with my insurers also just so I know xx

Is anyone else with Salon Gold and knows what their policy is on patch testing for spray tanning or tinting??

Ive tried to get hold of them the last 2 days with no avail - have now emailed. Bit worrying i cant get anyone on the phone!!! :eek: I used to do one while setting up but after reading some thread on here am trying to check I'm covered thay way xxx :hug: thanks

I'm with salon gold and they always just say to follow your training. So if your training says to always patch test then you must, or if says only to patchtest if client has sensitivities or reactions them that is fine too.
Salon Gold say disclaimers will not stand up in court and not worth the paper they are written on xxx

I'm with salon gold and they always just say to follow your training. So if your training says to always patch test then you must, or if says only to patchtest if client has sensitivities or reactions them that is fine too.
Salon Gold say disclaimers will not stand up in court and not worth the paper they are written on xxx

Great thank you for your reply. Still havent heard from them!
I dont even remember them mentioning patch testing in my training!!! Will have a look through my booklet I got on the day, if not I will email them and ask what they suggest.
I dont use disclaimers but do get client to sign they've had a patch test (sometimes i do it on the day while im setting up) so i hope that stands up...
Do you know if that is the same with tinting etc?
xxx

To be honest with tinting I would always do a patch test as it is going on the eyes. I'm sure my training told me to always patch test for that. For tanning mine says only need to patchtest if they have sensitive skin etc, etc so i sometimes tan a new client, but do a quick patch test when they arrive to make sure. Then get them to sign saying yes had a patch test but same day. If they have sensitive skin, allergies, never had tan before, pregnant etc i always patchtest 24hrs before xx

For tan parties, I usually give the host a small bottle of solution, some cotton buds etc and explain how to do the patch test. Then i get her to do the patchtests for me. You will see the brown dot behind their ear when you go to the party. If she doesn't get everyone, then again as long as they have no allergies (as above) then I will do a quick test when i get there xxx

Hope that helps x

You could sugest a 'patch test party' or 'pre tan party' be held so all the guests turn up and get patch tested a minimum of 24 hours before the tan party. They can turn it into a similar event to the tan party of just all pop into hosts house at a pre aranged time.

I've only ever done party's where they all live local and the 'pre tan party' has worked for me.

To be honest with tinting I would always do a patch test as it is going on the eyes. I'm sure my training told me to always patch test for that. For tanning mine says only need to patchtest if they have sensitive skin etc, etc so i sometimes tan a new client, but do a quick patch test when they arrive to make sure. Then get them to sign saying yes had a patch test but same day. If they have sensitive skin, allergies, never had tan before, pregnant etc i always patchtest 24hrs before xx

For tan parties, I usually give the host a small bottle of solution, some cotton buds etc and explain how to do the patch test. Then i get her to do the patchtests for me. You will see the brown dot behind their ear when you go to the party. If she doesn't get everyone, then again as long as they have no allergies (as above) then I will do a quick test when i get there xxx

Hope that helps x

Love the idea of providing a small bottle of solution and cotton buds !! Thanks

Hi there a couple of ways that you could offer a patch test. You could send ten patch tests to the host and get her to pass them out to the guests to carry out the test. You will need to ensure that you get them to sign to say that they have carried out the patch test and they are not aware of any reaction. You could alternatively ask for the phone numbers for the guests to call them and carry out a quick consultation and get their address to send the patch test, then they will be aware that its coming and what to do. Alternatively get to the party half an hour before and ask all guests to be there at the time and patch test them all then, it will give plenty of time for the solution to develop and test for sensitivities. Generally a client will react quite quickly if it is the tanning solution that they are going to react too. If you go for the calling and sending option it is alot of work but think how professional you will look and great for marketing your next tan or cross promotion and they will remember your call when they are looking to book something next time! Hope that helps x

You could sugest a 'patch test party' or 'pre tan party' be held so all the guests turn up and get patch tested a minimum of 24 hours before the tan party. They can turn it into a similar event to the tan party of just all pop into hosts house at a pre aranged time.

I've only ever done party's where they all live local and the 'pre tan party' has worked for me.

thats a good idea and to make it worth ya while mayve get them to put a £5 deposit down on their tans each

Latest posts

Back