Tan runs on legs on one client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiatia22

Reaction score
When i tan one of my friends, it never goes on properly on her legs it runs and speckles,it's as if theres a barrier on her legs, i've asked if shes used shaving gel, oil in her soap, oil in her shower gel etc. She says she only uses mild morrisons soap and no body creams.Any ideas what it could be, only happens on my friend.;)

When i tan one of my friends, it never goes on properly on her legs it runs and speckles,it's as if theres a barrier on her legs, i've asked if shes used shaving gel, oil in her soap, oil in her shower gel etc. She says she only uses mild morrisons soap and no body creams.Any ideas what it could be, only happens on my friend.;)

assuming she isnt incontinent which could well cause this problem,....mabe worth asking if youve the bottle :eek:...

Alternativley maybe ask if she uses conditioner or shampoo with conditioner

Either way you could sugest she has a shower before tanning and be extra vigilent when washing off any residue of anything she uses in shower.

Is the problem in same place every time???

Yes, it's below the knee, it either doesn't show up or runs everywhere,it's fine on rest of body, thats why i thought she'd been waxing or using oily shaving gel.You made me laugh as she said to me i wee down my legs alot could it be that, i think she was joking....um i think she was.lol.x:green:

Yes, it's below the knee, it either doesn't show up or runs everywhere,it's fine on rest of body, thats why i thought she'd been waxing or using oily shaving gel.You made me laugh as she said to me i wee down my legs alot could it be that, i think she was joking....um i think she was.lol.x:green:

is it both her legs and only below the knee?

mmm im not convinced she doesnt wee down her legs ...its not something you would say to someone if you didnt have that problem...tell her to try a nappie next time 24hrs before and after the application of the spray tan....see if that does the trick :eek::lol::lol::lol::lol::Grope:
Does she shave the bottoms of her legs regularly???

ha ha ,i'll get her some pampers. not sure how often she shaves,shall i live in her bath for a few weeks and see,lol. ,or should i ask her?
it's like she has wax on her legs,lol. well or wee.;)
it's below knee slightly on inside of legs and calf, her legs always look a mess when i've done them, this never happens on anyone else so i'm confused.I know she hadnt showered at all today, she showered and shaved her legs yesterday.

is it both her legs and only below the knee?

mmm im not convinced she doesnt wee down her legs ...its not something you would say to someone if you didnt have that problem...tell her to try a nappie next time 24hrs before and after the application of the spray tan....see if that does the trick :eek::lol::lol::lol::lol::Grope:
Does she shave the bottoms of her legs regularly???

thought that said does she shave her bottom,when i first looked at it.:eek:

Any more reasons for tan not taking well, or running down the legs.(weeing aside):irked:

I have only one client that this happens to as well and its because she insists on shaving her legs JUST before her spray tan even though I tell her not to every time.
The tan always comes out lovely but the guide looks horrific! Xx

does she smoke heavy.......circulation problems althought wouldnt fully explain runs???

I still thinks it either wee or shaving although shaving wouldnt show as runs...whereas wee...well different story :eek::eek::lol:

does she smoke heavy.......circulation problems althought wouldnt fully explain runs???

I still thinks it either wee or shaving although shaving wouldnt show as runs...whereas wee...well different story :eek::eek::lol:

I'll tell her to start sitting instead of standing when she goes wee wee.:mad:

That's exactly the problem, i had same issue with a client this past winter until we figured out what was happening! Urine is highly acidic and has a very exfoliating effect, especially if she's not in the shower at the time of well whatever...

Good....is she an old lady by chance :eek::lol::lol:

That's exactly the problem, i had same issue with a client this past winter until we figured out what was happening! Urine is highly acidic and has a very exfoliating effect, especially if she's not in the shower at the time of well whatever...

Joking aside.....if urine has a very exfoliating effect it wouldnt make the tan run as you want the skin to be fully exfoliated???
Urine is not acidic!

Also, hopefully if she is weeing (not on the toilet) you would hope its when shes in the showwr :eek:

Could it be the moisturing strips on her razor? If she is shaving just before that is x

All these comments about urine have made me wonder if perhaps she pees in the shower & it doesn't fully rinse off??? x

All these comments about urine have made me wonder if perhaps she pees in the shower & it doesn't fully rinse off??? x

That's what I was thinking!!! X

Haha, this conversations making me laugh! X

Me too - quite a funny thread!!! x

I really think she was joking about the weeing down her leg. shes only 29,lol. maybe it's the shaving thing with moisture strip, i'll ask what her razors like, and tell her to have a good wash before her next tan.( and try and make it to the loo:o ) before i turn up.ha ha xxxx

Latest posts

Back