Tan that will not come off!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LyndseyD

Reaction score
Just having a grump! Decided to trial a new solution so went for one of the ones that everyone is raving about. I'm now a full two weeks on and I can't get the ruddy stuff off! I look like I have some sort of skin disease and I'm the worst advert ever for my own business! I have nail clients asking me what happened to my arms!! That's never good! My skin was properly prepped, I used the lowest 8% and I have been exfoliating desperately for the last week!! Harrumph!! Sorry, just wanted to moan! :) first pic is my inner arm, 2nd is my foot

56a12952-5461-80c4.jpg
56a12952-546f-79cd.jpg

Have you tried a microfibre cloth and a long soak in the bath? x

Go swimming. I always find this is the most effective way of getting rid of the last bits as the chlorine in the water fades it away x

this is how my tans go, wish i could get to the bottom of it.:rolleyes:

I've never experienced this before! Normally a couple of days of dodgy fade off but a good scrub and it blends in before coming off completely. I'm so patchy, it's embarrassing! Will try both suggestions, thank you! xx

Hi
Looks like slight overspray either caused by spraying these areas too close or nozzle needs tightening slightly. Often happens on shin and feet. hth :)

Hi
Looks like slight overspray either caused by spraying these areas too close or nozzle needs tightening slightly. Often happens on shin and feet. hth :)

Ah my daughter always sprays over my arms and legs to ensure there dark enough and thats what goes scaley so it might be that, also she uses about 70mls think she might be over spraying as she's fairly new to the trade and worries she's got every where enough.

I find this can happen if I use two coats of tan. With one coat, it might not go as dark/last so long, but it fades and wears off much better. Now trying to convince clients to have 1 darker coat instead of 2 medium. I use Suntana, having tried LOADS of tans and 1 coat wears off well, but also have a daughter who's trained in tanning, and at 19, she doesn't want it to look natural, she wants dark, dark, dark. Unfortunately she thinks I should look the same LOL!!!

This is what I do to get rid of tan nd I am super see though white,shower and scrub with mit,put on baby oil on wet skin and buff it in with the corner for my towel :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

Ah my daughter always sprays over my arms and legs to ensure there dark enough and thats what goes scaley so it might be that, also she uses about 70mls think she might be over spraying as she's fairly new to the trade and worries she's got every where enough.

Tiatia, why not get your daughter to do 2 light sprays, I've started doing this now.

2 full body sprays with dial turned right down, I used 40 ml doing it

2 x 20ml sprays. This way at least if you don't quite get every area on the first go your hardly going to miss it on the second go. I prefer 2 light sprays & doesn't really take any longer to do x

I asked a friend who's a qualified beautician to spray me but I do remember thinking 'whoa!' when she turned the nozzle on my gun up from my gentle 3.5 to no.5!! She said it was coming out too slow for her!! Maybe it is overspray then but it's not just my feet and shins, it is literally every inch on my body! :O xx

If all else fails you could always wax! That's what I do when I get patchy to remove it, on arms and legs, works a treat :)

Tiatia, why not get your daughter to do 2 light sprays, I've started doing this now.

2 full body sprays with dial turned right down, I used 40 ml doing it

2 x 20ml sprays. This way at least if you don't quite get every area on the first go your hardly going to miss it on the second go. I prefer 2 light sprays & doesn't really take any longer to do x

Hi Lush lash long time no see,i will try the 2 light coats.how you getting on with your choosen tan.is it going down well?

Do you think it happens more when you have a tan over bit of tan left on.As the first la fast tan i had faded off great, then the second one i had ,i still had some of the ist one on, and it went patchy at fade off.I Moisturised daily with both tans.Or do we think it's when too much solution is used,my daughter who sprays me uses 60-70ml could it be that? Does gun need turning lower with la fast tan,i've turned dial to 9 now,but scared if i turn too low they wont tan at all,lol.;)

The lady who started the thread,please pm which tan it was you trialed and you cant get off,as i'm having a quess which,lol.Just my little game.x

Pm'd you Taitai22

Day 17 and it's finally starting to disappear. Tried all above suggestions (apart from waxing ;) not quite at the stage of waxing my chest......yet! Lol xx

If all else fails you could always wax! That's what I do when I get patchy to remove it, on arms and legs, works a treat :)

thats what i do !!

Latest posts

Back