Tan went like skin disease argh....why??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiatia22

Reaction score
I sprayed a lady last week, with the tan i really like and had great feed back on. The lady had been unwell with a bug ,and my spray gun wasn't spraying great think it might have been blocked abit, so i ended up going over and over her as it was coming out in thin stripes. She said tan was great day after but the next day it went so patchy that she had to scrub it off.Do you think it could of been that she was unwell and her skin might have been dry, or the overload of tan.It really knocks your confidence when this happens.many thanks.xx I have cleaned out my gun now with soapy water so hope that will help.:Scared:

i used 1 part brown bitz and 1 part la disco tan. used before on others and had no problems.:sad:

OK personal view would be not to mix brands! I'm not even sure your insurance would cover you if you do this as you are mixing chemicals together - I know that if I were to apply any product that I'd mixed I would not be covered - if I want to apply essential oils I have mixed for my massages I will have to have appropriate certificates first...
Problem with 2 brands of tan is you just don't know how the two might react - there is no way of knowing if the 2 being mixed is the cause of the problem, if the health of your client is or if it was your gun but I would personally recommend stopping mixing solutions from different brands... if you want to carry on doing it then you should at least clear it with your insurer first..

I know lots of therapist that mix solution, don't think it's harmful it's only sugar cane.thanks for the reply .x:Love:

I know lots of therapist that mix solution, don't think it's harmful it's only sugar cane.thanks for the reply .x:Love:

Hi all, the results of tans depend on many factors, i.e has the customer exfoliated ? has the client naturally oily skin ? has the client a hormone imbalance ? (ill,pregnancy,time of the month) all these reasons are factors in tans not taking, however, solutions brands should most definately never be mixed. different products have different ingredients and depending on these, solutions can react together causing instability in the product ingredients used. This in turn causing inferior colour, fade off and also possible adverse reactions, as this new made up formulation has not been tested, therefore safety data sheets are not present, your insurance most definately will be void. You have to think there are different methods for different results and different grade qualities of ingredients, hence why solutions vary,, another example is :- alcohol is used in some solutions to dry the solution faster, (but is supposedly not good for the skin) if you apply one solution with alcohol and mix with solution without, this could give a conflict in the product,, can this cause skin/tanning problems ?
thank you and best regards
BrownBitz

Think any of them could be the issue... your gun - overspraying def causes issues with the tan, can go patchy. If she's unwell.....who knows and mixing solution.... no no no.... for example if you use a Sienna X 8.5 and mix it with a LA Tan 12%.... what could happen is the tan looks okay when you spray it on but when it is washed off.... thats another story.. Sienna's .5 solutions have Q10 in them and they cause other tans, even their own to go spotty/blotchy.....speaking as one who knows.... :o.. I've played about with them and its a def no no.....

Hi all, the results of tans depend on many factors, i.e has the customer exfoliated ? has the client naturally oily skin ? has the client a hormone imbalance ? (ill,pregnancy,time of the month) all these reasons are factors in tans not taking, however, solutions brands should most definately never be mixed. different products have different ingredients and depending on these, solutions can react together causing instability in the product ingredients used. This in turn causing inferior colour, fade off and also possible adverse reactions, as this new made up formulation has not been tested, therefore safety data sheets are not present, your insurance most definately will be void. You have to think there are different methods for different results and different grade qualities of ingredients, hence why solutions vary,, another example is :- alcohol is used in some solutions to dry the solution faster, (but is supposedly not good for the skin) if you apply one solution with alcohol and mix with solution without, this could give a conflict in the product,, can this cause skin/tanning problems ?
thank you and best regards
BrownBitz

Ok, i will stop mixing, but i'm waiting patiently for the brown bitz darker tan to come out.Everyone wants darker ,darker,lol. .....is it ready yet....is it is it???? Love Brown bitz :Love:.xx

thin stripes is often because the spray nozzle isn't set at right position... six o'clock for a maxi mist.... one of mine goes very thin even if nozzle is only tiny bit off.....:biggrin:

thin stripes is often because the spray nozzle isn't set at right position... six o'clock for a maxi mist.... one of mine goes very thin even if nozzle is only tiny bit off.....:biggrin:

Thanks for your help.xx:Love:

howdy again, We are still finalising the formulation for the darker tan, which is currently posing difficult but we should have the next sample ready within the next couple of weeks, all pending well we are looking at approximatly 4-5 weeks from then to launch, many spray tanners are unaware to try to match our solutions to the clients skin type as reference what percentage solution is used, each individuals skin type will determine there natural darkness levels they will go, so for example a fair person will only tan slightly in the natural sun so we would recommend a 8% or maximum 10% for the best results. If a high percentage solution i.e 20% is applied this will give a more unatural tanned look, so it is essential we get the solution to the correct stage as to eliminate negative brand comments if mis-aplication occurs, and make sure we dont get any of these unatural looks, One of the main things we pride ourselves on is having a premium grade natural looking tan. just for reference i have included all our skin typing recommendations of our solutions for best results are as follows :-

cherry berry - 8%- for best results apply on very fair to normal natural uk complexions

citrus sherbert- 10%- for best results apply on slightly fair to normal natural complexions,

caribbean coconut 12% for best results apply on normal to olive skin natural complexions.

As soon as we have tested and confirmed the formulation, i will PM you straight away with apprx launch date :) Also looking at various fragrances to keep inline with the rest of the range,
if anyone has ideas on what fragrances you think would be nice that will be appreciated

thank you again and best regards
alex x

just a quick one thought this may help also with a few possible queries on the spray settings :-

we have found solutions do vary in viscosity (thickness) so it may be applicable to change the gun settings slightly, depending on which solutions are being used. The thinner the solution the more you can turn the dial closer to 12 or the thicker the more towards 4-5 o'clock. The Needles on the guns are a big factor in tanning as the larger needle sizes 1.0mm+ tend to drench the skin with more solution, these units are good starter kits, wereas a 0.6mm-0.8mm needles tend to spray out finer and in thoery use less solution as not as much overspray.
The best way i personally find of setting up the guns is to stick cardboard up and spray it if the cardboard turns a nice almondy colour but without wetness present, the settings are correct or thereabouts. if the card is wet close the dial closer to twelve o.clock slightly and repeat spray if the card is not turning colour open the dial closer to 5-6 o,clock this releases more solution.
if when spraying you encounter a splatter or freckly effect your gun needs a full clean out or replacement.

Alex x
brownbitz

howdy again, We are still finalising the formulation for the darker tan, which is currently posing difficult but we should have the next sample ready within the next couple of weeks, all pending well we are looking at approximatly 4-5 weeks from then to launch, many spray tanners are unaware to try to match our solutions to the clients skin type as reference what percentage solution is used, each individuals skin type will determine there natural darkness levels they will go, so for example a fair person will only tan slightly in the natural sun so we would recommend a 8% or maximum 10% for the best results. If a high percentage solution i.e 20% is applied this will give a more unatural tanned look, so it is essential we get the solution to the correct stage as to eliminate negative brand comments if mis-aplication occurs, and make sure we dont get any of these unatural looks, One of the main things we pride ourselves on is having a premium grade natural looking tan. just for reference i have included all our skin typing recommendations of our solutions for best results are as follows :-

cherry berry - 8%- for best results apply on very fair to normal natural uk complexions

citrus sherbert- 10%- for best results apply on slightly fair to normal natural complexions,

caribbean coconut 12% for best results apply on normal to olive skin natural complexions.

As soon as we have tested and confirmed the formulation, i will PM you straight away with apprx launch date :) Also looking at various fragrances to keep inline with the rest of the range,
if anyone has ideas on what fragrances you think would be nice that will be appreciated

thank you again and best regards
alex x

fragrances

water melon
chocolate
grape
strawberry

Thank you x :) will give them a test thanks :)

Brown Bitz - would it be possible to get some samples? Am thinking of switching from Sienna X. I use mostly 10%. Pls DM me if possible. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back