tanned palms AGAIN :-(

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailsharon

Reaction score
hi guys ,i know iv wrote a thread about this before and i got gr8 suggestions which i took on board ,i did a bride and her bridesmaid last night for their trial run ,i did the usuall routine i.e. barrier cream on the palms and feet and the feet had sticky feet pads and barrier cream anyway got a call today saying the bridesmaids palms are all tanned :eek: and she cant get it off ,i have no idear how this as happened ,iv sayed to wash her hands with alittle fairy and suger or some lemon juice do u think that will work ,bride i dont know shes at work so il not know till later how hers is :confused: I was just thinking maybe my tennis balls had some tan sulotion from the last tan i did as i didnt have time to wash them :smack:

if you used the barrier cream, and followed the usual I dont think it is you. Sounds like they have touched their face or body after. You can get wipes from boots or superdrug to remove the tan.

California Tan corrector is a good one and can be purchased from Superdrug.

if you used the barrier cream, and followed the usual I dont think it is you. Sounds like they have touched their face or body after. You can get wipes from boots or superdrug to remove the tan.

California Tan corrector is a good one and can be purchased from Superdrug.
hi thx for that ,iv just phoned her so shes going get some,i used my tanning wipes (sun labs ) after i did her tan as well so they havent worked either so maybe il get some of those wipes and try those :hug:

Sounds to me like you have done everything right, barrier cream and tennis balls (people think I am mad when I ask them to hold tennis balls). Me thinks these ladies have been touching their face and bodies etc and trying to palm (no pun intended) their mistakes onto you.

You also said you had used sticky feet, so I can't understand why they have tan on their soles, unless you are spraying too wet and the solution is seeping through the sticky feet or around the edges, or even if you are not using sticky feet maybe the floor of your tent has solution on it?

I will be watching your thread with interest to see how you resolve this.

If I do get solution on me as I am a serial face toucher, then I use one of those green pan scrub things, you know sponge on one side green scrubby on the other, works a treat.

I had never had a client have tanned palms until I read your thread last time, and strangely enough it happened that weekend!! I have tanned this client many times before and never had a problem but this time she said she slept naked, which as you can imagine you do (without trying to sound rude) touch your legs, tummy etc..... when you are asleep. Do you advise your clients to sleep naked or in old loose clothes. :confused:

I had never had a client have tanned palms until I read your thread last time, and strangely enough it happened that weekend!! I have tanned this client many times before and never had a problem but this time she said she slept naked, which as you can imagine you do (without trying to sound rude) touch your legs, tummy etc..... when you are asleep. Do you advise your clients to sleep naked or in old loose clothes. :confused:
hi i just advice them to sleep in loose pjs ,i never thought of saying sleep naked :lol: ,when i got myself spray tanned my hubby got tan all over his hands ,il not say anymore :Grope::lol:and soz joe no problems on the feet just the palms where tanned :)

Sounds to me like you have done everything right, barrier cream and tennis balls (people think I am mad when I ask them to hold tennis balls). Me thinks these ladies have been touching their face and bodies etc and trying to palm (no pun intended) their mistakes onto you.

You also said you had used sticky feet, so I can't understand why they have tan on their soles, unless you are spraying too wet and the solution is seeping through the sticky feet or around the edges, or even if you are not using sticky feet maybe the floor of your tent has solution on it?

I will be watching your thread with interest to see how you resolve this.

If I do get solution on me as I am a serial face toucher, then I use one of those green pan scrub things, you know sponge on one side green scrubby on the other, works a treat.
hi joe ,i seem to always get tan on the tips of my fingers and thats what i use (the green pad thingy ) i get into the hapit of wearing gloves when doing tans then when iv finished cleaning my tent i take my gloves off then wipe the bottom of the tent :eek: i should keep them on til everythings all cleaned up :smack: i do it everytime :lol:

It can't be that then. Is it the product you are using? Is it not drying enough? Are they told not to apply moisturiser first? It sounds like you know you stuff so I'm sure you are doing the right things. Baffling

hi i just advice them to sleep in loose pjs ,i never thought of saying sleep naked :lol: ,when i got myself spray tanned my hubby got tan all over his hands ,il not say anymore :Grope::lol:

Did you check if her other half had a spray tan too iykwim :lol:

Latest posts

Back