Tanning a male with a white beard?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewGeekGem

Reaction score
Hi All

My friend at work has asked if I would tan him and his partner. Both are balding but his partner has white hair (what's left lol) and a white beard. I don't mind doing it as it's good practice (first male clients) but I'm worried that the solution will stain his hair or beard. Has anyone got any advice or suggestions please. Would wiping his beard over with a wipe after be enough?

Thanks
Gem

How about get him to rub the cream/barrier cream into his beard? Or a face mask that covers the mouth area x

I would spray as normal and then with a tissue gently blot the beard to absorb the solution that sits on the hair.
x

I would use lots of barrier cream on his beard :biggrin:

I would use lots of barrier cream on his beard :biggrin:

Personally I wouldnt do this, otherwise the tan wont get through at all and the skin underneath will stay white.
Unless, the beard is thick-in which case I would barrier cream the whole thing,.
x

What about spraying loads of hairspray or putting loads of gel onto his beard. It may act as a barrier. It won't be very nice for him though as he will have to keep it on during developing time but I guess he could try and wash it off a bit. Tricky one!!

I suppose even Santa Claus likes a spray before his spring holidays.

Thanks everyone, I've just checked his photo's on FB and it's not as thick as I thought it was and there's kind of a gap inbetween his chin and bottom lip, if that makes sense, so I'm going have to spray over it or he'll have whiter skin where the gap is! I'm not charging them so if it does go wrong at least he hasn't had to pay for the pleasure lol.

Latest posts

Back