Tanning an under 16?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi!

What's everyone's stance on tanning an under 16 year old? I've had a few requests come through for proms etc but I'm not sure how I feel about it.

My insurance doesn't state anything specific regarding under 16's, I think if I was to do it I would have a parent in the room for my safety's and theirs etc.

What's everyone's thoughts on it?

Thanks

Go with what your insurance dictates but the fact that you’ll have an almost naked minor in a private room with you leaves you open to allegation. I wouldn’t be happy and would ensure you have the parent in the room with you if you decide to go ahead.

Last edited:
Have the parent sign a disclaimer and be present in the room - but do call your insurance and get a defined answer, if there’s nothing specific in your policy details.

I have done a couple of under 16s, always have their parent present and in the same room

I do prom tans and dancers. As above i always have parents in the room and i get the parent to fill in consultation form xx

I have the parents consent beforehand and ask them to sign the consultation form. I have done under 16s for proms

parents in the room, I have 12 year olds for confirmations.

Spray tanning or sunbeds?

I know sunbeds is now strictly 18 and over

You need to ensure you safeguard yourself and the child, so parent in the room and signed disclaimer are a must

Please will everyone stop advising fellow geeks to use discaimers.
They will not offer you, the therapist, any legal protection under English law but they can be used by the plaintiff to demonstrate that you knew that the treatment should perhaps not be carried out.

At last, someone who know's what they are talking about!

Please will everyone stop advising fellow geeks to use discaimers.
They will not offer you, the therapist, any legal protection under English law but they can be used by the plaintiff to demonstrate that you knew that the treatment should perhaps not be carried out.
Agreed. I don't use disclaimers, they not worth the paper they are printed on. I just get parents to fill in consultation form as young clients have a habit of not disclosing any allergies ect xx

Latest posts

Back