Tanning and tattoos

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

british.jem

Reaction score
Hiya lovelies,

I've done a quick search but havent been able to find anything. I'm very new to spray tanning and am looking to get training with sunless solutions soon. But Ive been wondering if spray tanning effects the appearance of tattoos. My first thought would be, well yes, its part of the skin. But then i got myself all confused and ended up deciding to just ask on here lol.

Sorry if its a really silly question, but like i said, i'm new to tanning and don't really know all the ins and outs at the moment.

Never has any effect on mine, looks the same but the bare bits of skin are tanned same as the rest of the skin. xx

Ahh ok! Thanks for the reply. I thought i might had been a bit dippy but wasnt sure lol. Thanks :)

If I knew how to add a photo to a thread I'd show you my tanned back complete with my tattoo's. The tattoo's look fine just like they do when you are sun tanned.
By the way, when I did my training, one of my models had just had another tattoo added and he was worried that the spray tan would effect his scabby tattoo. The trainer re-assured him that actually because of all the good stuff like aloe vera etc that goes into the spray tan it would actually help it to heal up more quickly, which it did. :)

Oh I didn't even think about that! Good point though. Thanks for replying. :)

Tattoos always look better if your skin looks tanned .

I know this thread is a couple days old...just wanted to add my opinion since I have a few tattoos. most of them look the same as before spray tan...but, I have one that has some yellow ink and white ink that goes a bit muddy when I have a spray tan. It's not a big deal, I still get sprayed :) Just a heads up if you have a client with a primarily light ink tattoo.

I know this thread is a couple days old...just wanted to add my opinion since I have a few tattoos. most of them look the same as before spray tan...but, I have one that has some yellow ink and white ink that goes a bit muddy when I have a spray tan. It's not a big deal, I still get sprayed :) Just a heads up if you have a client with a primarily light ink tattoo.

I agree, I have a large coloured tattoo that goes a bit cloudy looking in areas, especially in the grey shading around it x

Latest posts

Back