Tanning arms, please help...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LizWheat

Reaction score
Hiya,

Ive recently completed my spray tanning course and practiced a few times on friends but I still can't seem to get the arms right!! I had a look at Dawn from Nouvatans video which did help but still the arms dont seem to be quite right!

If anyway could give me any help, it would be very much appreciated! Thank you x

Hiya,

Ive recently completed my spray tanning course and practiced a few times on friends but I still can't seem to get the arms right!! I had a look at Dawn from Nouvatans video which did help but still the arms dont seem to be quite right!

If anyway could give me any help, it would be very much appreciated! Thank you x

What specifically are you haveing problems with here...is it uneven or problem of a margin line at the hands ??

I am having the same problem with arms. I tend to be missing bits inside and have trouble working out how to reach them. Then I feel I am spraying loads to cover it!

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using SalonGeek

there are many methods
try when your applying solution to the front ,get the cleint arms strait down and claw the fingers slightly...then stripe down front of arm
when doing side stripe down side of arm...then lift the arm in air holding clients fingers and stripe under arm and so on
As you get down to the hand slightly pull your gun away so as to blend to the fingers thus avoiding a tan margin line
Dont apply solution to the armpit as this is concave ....let the overspray lightly tan this area.

Practice and usage makes perfect :wink2:

Last edited:
The arms are the trickest place to spray, just experiment with angles of the arms.

Do the backs of the arms along with the back (this is the way I start my tans) with the elbows bent.

When u do the sides of the legs/inside leg furthest arm streched out straight- spray along arm. Then nearest arm up in the air-spray downwards. Repeat when they turn on the oppasite arms.

Then do the front of the arms along with the front of the body.

This gets even coverage- I don't know how other geeks do arms, but I have mixed up techniques from girls I work with who have sprayed me and mistakes I've made.

So I find this works well for me. Xx

Ps- if u are spraying "loads" turn ur gun down and go slower, there is no rush, and it is better to have control over the solution. Xx

Ive just replied on another thread about this :biggrin: Cant remember the title of it now lol but it will be in my posts. Hope it helps someone

Latest posts

Back