tanning as well as doing nails.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cha'nails

Reaction score
hi all

i know this isnt nail related sorry but thought some nail tecs might know.
i'm just in process of booking su do tanning, which comes to 695.00 and was wondering is there a way to do it cheaper i know i sound like a tight so and so. but times are hard lol. anyway i heard that you can pay so much for the training if you already have compressor thats what an hairdresser told me. but where do i get compressor i don't want to do that if its going to be a bodge job. does anyone have any ideas.

thanks in advance.

Hi
I use a product from Norvelle called 'Amber Sun' at the moment I use a small nail art compressor with a foot pedal the compressor was about £200 gun & bottle £100 1 gallon of fluid is £120 that a lot of body tans. You can also buy barrier creams and PH balancing spays.

I did a one day course with Nail creations for £50 but really its all about practice and making sure you get the effect of a natural tan by putting less on the under arms between legs etc you get the idea.

I have had lots of positive feed back from the clients I have tanned and with the bad press of sun beds people are looking for an alternative.

Hi there,

I have a salon doing tanning and nails, and currently use Sudo and have done for 8 months. You can buy a TC 5000 compressor (the biggest one) for 295.00 from Spangles. But obviously you still have to buy the airbrush and lotion. The 695.00 includes everything including a 5 litre bottle of solution (which costs £199.95 +VAT) PLUS a £100.00 voucher for the training (which helps!)

The best thing to do is wait for one of the Beauty shows and get one from the Sudo stand as it will be VAT free which is quite a lot of money on £695.00

I must admit, I have tried other products ie: amber mist, fantasy tan etc but do find that sudo is the best and most natural looking tan. But at the end of the day it is just practice!

Take care and good luck

Michelle
Hands & Tans Salon, Stockport

Hi

Personal Touch said:
I use a product from Norvelle called 'Amber Sun' at the moment.

I have had lots of positive feed back from the clients I have tanned and with the bad press of sun beds people are looking for an alternative.

Just wondered how this product compares to others on the market? I am in the process of setting up a salon and am hoping to offer sunless tanning as an alternative to the tanning unit I will also have. Does it produce the "streakless" tan it promises?

Help - there's just too much to choose from :rolleyes:

Shaza

Shaza said:
Hi

we have an iwata salon compressor orginally bought for nail art. It didnt prove popular enough and we have never recouped our money on it.
My st tropez rep (olivia shes lovely very helpful) sugested doing spray tanning with it. We have had sooo many requests for it and its so easy to do you hardly need any room at all just a corner and a shower curtain. A nice little earner. You can train someone to do it in a couple of hours. ;)
Sudo is supposed to be quite nice to as is fantasy tan ( think fanasy tan is 2 app though?)
The client has to exfoliate first though so educate your receptionist well. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back