Tanning booth, anyone own one and how do they work?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHELSEAHARVEY

Reaction score
I have a log cabin going up & am toying with either getting a 2nd hand tanning booth although don't understand how they work? Am I right in thinking you don't spray them it comes out of jets? Not sure how I feel about that.

Or buying a shower tray & getting 2 glass panels made up with my make/logo on the glass & then just tanning them myself I normally do minus the pop up tent

I recently bought a second hand booth ( one where I still spray) hexagonal with frosted glass sides, it's great as the extractor is super powerful so I've had no more off spray problems, it's elevated and has spot lights so easy to see the client. The clients comment on it looking professional.
The down side is that's now a tan only space... Now I can't fold it out the way

Pinkthistle I will have a tan room all soundproofed so taking it down isn't a problem

They are nice looking & I agree professional looking as well

Just need to decide if to get one or make my own with a shower base & get glass made to fit

I had a tanning salon in which I bought the st tropez airport, which is the automated unit. It cost an absolute fortune and was a regret of mine. It took up too much space and wasn't a quick alternative to a spray tan at all. In fact it took ages to explain to clients the complicated moves they had to do whilst inside the booth on their own. In the end I sold it for a massive loss and bought a California tan spray gun and extraction unit which cost thousands and thousands less and was brilliant! You can't beat a spray tan applied by a qualified therapist who knows what she's doing!! But I would get a proper unit and not a home made job, I think it looks far more professional x

Pinkthistle I will have a tan room all soundproofed so taking it down isn't a problem

They are nice looking & I agree professional looking as well

Just need to decide if to get one or make my own with a shower base & get glass made to fit

When I priced doing it myself it was pretty much the same price as the one I bought, the glass needs to be tempered (a replacement one for my booth was £120) so once you buy a few, plus a base (or make one) tiles etc and an extractor...mine was to be vented out through the wall, this is like mine about £350 all in with the new glass etc
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1386106588.202340.jpg

Latest posts

Back