Tanning caps

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlamourEyes11

Reaction score
Which tanning caps shall I go for???

I normally use this kind....

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

However, I've seen these...

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Has anyone used both kinds and have a preference?

The only thing I'm unsure about with my normal ones is, sometimes people can struggle to fit all of their hair in if they have a lot... the second ones look like they are bigger...

I'm so indecisive and need help! lol

Ok thanks :) the 2nd one look very similar, just red! Think I'll go for them! Thanks ;) x

Can I ask, a few of my new customers have asked about wearing caps recently but I never use them. When do u use them? Just on clients with bleached blonde hair? A lady with dark red hair and one with dark brown hair recently asked me and I advised I don't use them but I couldn't even work out why they wanted one? Am I missing something?! X

I have blue ones at the minute, I got them from ebay ages ago. I think they are food ones similar to the pink ones you linked to.

They work fine for me - at the end of the day as long as they do the job of keeping the hair out of the way while you tan, it doesn't matter what colour they are or where you got them from does it.

Just make sure you get the best deal you can.

I have blue ones at the minute, I got them from ebay ages ago. I think they are food ones similar to the pink ones you linked to.

They work fine for me - at the end of the day as long as they do the job of keeping the hair out of the way while you tan, it doesn't matter what colour they are or where you got them from does it.

Just make sure you get the best deal you can.

My thoughts exactly! :-D just wondered if anyone had used this kind and had anything negative to say! I think I'll get them, they're so cheap and should do the job :) thanks x

Can I ask, a few of my new customers have asked about wearing caps recently but I never use them. When do u use them? Just on clients with bleached blonde hair? A lady with dark red hair and one with dark brown hair recently asked me and I advised I don't use them but I couldn't even work out why they wanted one? Am I missing something?! X

I use mine for people with bleached or blonde hair. Also people that won't be washing their hair when they wash the guide colour off also like to wear one :) most of my clients wear then to be honest as I offered them as standard when I started! They're so cheap too :) xxx

I use mine for people with bleached or blonde hair. Also people that won't be washing their hair when they wash the guide colour off also like to wear one :) most of my clients wear then to be honest as I offered them as standard when I started! They're so cheap too :) xxx

Thanks for that, I wasn't taught to use them in my training but presumed they were mainly for bleached/very blonde hair. So when they two dark haired people seemed quite disappointed recently that I didn't have the caps I couldn't work out why! Maybe they weren't planning to wash their hair x

I offer all my tanning clients a hat.

I advise them to use as little products as possible at wash off (to limit the chances of their tan being stripped straight off), so many of them use the hats to protect their hair and just wash with water for their shower when they wash the guide colour off.

They then wash their hair with shampoo & conditioner on the second shower as by this point the shampoo and conditioner won't harm the tan in the way they can on the first shower.

I offer all my tanning clients a hat.

I advise them to use as little products as possible at wash off (to limit the chances of their tan being stripped straight off), so many of them use the hats to protect their hair and just wash with water for their shower when they wash the guide colour off.

They then wash their hair with shampoo & conditioner on the second shower as by this point the shampoo and conditioner won't harm the tan in the way they can on the first shower.

Thats good advice Baggybear x

Yeah if wearing a cap, most people don't bother washing their hair during wash off. (apart from me, who is addicted to washing my hair) x

I use them on all clients to protect their hair from the tan.
Yes its more for bleached /coloured or light hair, but everyone gets one so no solution sits in their hair.
Also clients feel more pampered the more they get :)

I personally use the plastic caps - the first link you shared and would advise against the second link of the mob caps as their material will allow solution to get in and kind of defeats the point of wearing one.
x

Yes its more for bleached /coloured or light hair, but everyone gets one so no solution sits in their hair.

I personally use the plastic caps - the first link you shared and would advise against the second link of the mob caps as their material will allow solution to get in and kind of defeats the point of wearing one.
x

I only have 2 clients that don't wear them and that's their choice. Everyone is offered :)

Hmmmm.... Decisions! Lol! The problem I have with the 1st is that most of my clients have long hair/thick hair/extensions and struggle to fit it all in the cap!!!

Xxx

x

I use fabric type ones and no solution gets through, I was taught to use the fabric ones and got some in my Sienna X kit. I do have my dial nearly closed so it's a real fine spray, maybe that's why nothing gets through.

As my gun is set correctly & I'm only spraying a mist of solution onto my client it sits on the cap and doesn't soak through.

Saying that even when I was training I never encountered tan soaking through any of those style caps.

In my experience the paper style hat will do the job just as well as a plastic type.

As my gun is set correctly & I'm only spraying a mist of solution onto my client it sits on the cap and doesn't soak through.

Saying that even when I was training I never encountered tan soaking through any of those style caps.

In my experience the paper style hat will do the job just as well as a plastic type.

Yep, I only do a light misting too! Paper ones it is! I'll order today! Thanks everyone :) x

I have used the type of caps in the second link since i started spraying and no tan has got through,i did consider the plastic caps but thought that the solution would sit on the plastic cap and transfer more easily if client touched it,so decided against them.
I always offer spray clients a cap no matter what their haor colour because i think hair can feel a little sticky if solution gets on it.

Latest posts

Back