tanning cubicle dilemma

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eager beaver

Reaction score
Don't laugh, but i have bought a pop up cubicle which is great as it pops up really easily, but i can't get it back down! i've watched the demo (a 100 times) and only managed to get it down once. this is obviously hindering me offering tanning!:eek:
Any suggestions or links etc would be soooooo apprieciated!x

Hi there

Hehe I have the same problem in fact two places I went to either the client or their kids put it down. If I do use it I try and screw it up and throw it in the boot till I get home and let the hubby do it. At the moment it lives in the boot of my car and I don't really use it as I don't have alot of overspray and I do a lot in my bathroom at home. lol :):)

I have never used mine, I put it up once to look at it and it took me my boyfriend my sister to put it down and then we nearly smashed the shop up in the process.

Its just sat their staring at me and In a bag and its staying in their and never coming back out, thats why its for sale in geekbay.

It scares me :):)

Don't laugh, but i have bought a pop up cubicle which is great as it pops up really easily, but i can't get it back down! i've watched the demo (a 100 times) and only managed to get it down once. this is obviously hindering me offering tanning!:eek:
Any suggestions or links etc would be soooooo apprieciated!x

I'll come round and break it for you! :lol:

They are tricky little buggers those tents. Try this

Fold tent in on itself - so you have a hinged sided and an open side - make sure all the rims are flat and not buckled.

Next with the hinged in your right hand, fold the top of the tent over to touch the bottom - from the side it should look like a "c" shape.

when you do this you should feel the tent want to buckle, when you feel this go with it and twist - it should then fold into the circle. Tuck any loose bits of tent in and pop in your bag.

Good luck, it just takes lots of practice - oh and a lot of swearing!!

I just got mine through the post on tuesday and was a bit scared but check out this video it is really short but shows you exactly how to do it - easy peasy!!!

Once you know how - do it a few times and you will be away!!

Check the video out on Google Video then in the search bar at the top enter
5681582827455139447 and click on the video!

That link does look wierd but it is genuine! I had a sheet of paper in my tent telling me to look at that link if having problems!!!

Hope this helps - Let me know how you get on!!

I\'ll come round and break it for you! :lol:
Thanks for the offer -may take you up on it!

KellyT - i have watched this clip (100 times) and it looks so easy- so WHY cant i do it:cry: (where did you get yours from?)

Loulou- will try this tonight when i have the courage to face said offending cubicle

Thanks geeks- glad to hear i'm not the only one!:lol:

aww i am sure men can do it easier than women , coz my hubby can get it done straight away , but it takes me ages , lol

Snap!! All I have to do is walk in with the bundle and hubby has it sorted straight away. Get loads of stick off him then. Best is when I try stright after him it goes down for me!!! how I hate the husband then:mad::mad:

OK girls we are not standing for the blokes being better than us at this! I always reckoned this was a good party trick. Get all your mates when they are in "party" mode to try and fold the pop up into its bag. Of my friends the girls done better. Simply fold the tent against a skirting board, with the larger end up against the board. Grasp the sides with both hands and fold over into a "C" position. You should feel the tent want to go into this position naturally. Then pull your wrists together - the tent then wants to fold slightly under, use your left hand to pull the bottom up to meet the top end and then fold top into bottom. Sound easy I know! Best of luck!

I got mine from Tampa bay tan. It's exactly the same as the rest of them but half the price! They just included this clip with it.

When it's up - face it at the front. Hold the front right and tuck it into back left. The botton frame may go a bit funny but don't worry! Then grab front left and fold it flat! (That bottom bit then sorts itself out)Lay it flat - you holding the top and bend it in half. but as you bend, you need to bend it into your legs coz this will then make the sides fold in to make the circle!!Keep going into your legs until it's flat!!

Did that help more??

Hey - i'm just above salisbury in bulford if you want me to show you!!!???

The "Taming of the Tent" is always something I do in all training sessions when people purchase a pop up cubicle from Tantrick - we have great fun in the training room especially as my students don't get their certificates until they can sucessfully pop it up and put it away again unaided! ....... Cruel I know but it works! :lol:

If anyone is struggling with their tent, we're happy to help just give us a call and we'll give over the phone tuition for free lol!!!!

It can be so frustrating and so embarrassing when you have been invited to peoples homes, professionally applied your clients tans and then try to get the tent back in its bag..........!!!!!

All the best

Mandy x

Latest posts

Back