Tanning Essentials Rapid Tan gun problems?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheTanArtist

Reaction score
Hi,

I bought the rapid tan system nearly 18 months ago and have only used the machine around 30 times. For the first 12 months I only tanned family and friends, and just in the last couple of months I have started the process of setting up as a new mobile business, so the machine has only had REALLY light use - roughly 30 tans.

However, both of the guns which came with the machine have now stopped working. The first just started bubbling tan out of the top of the bottle so the solution was spitting all over the place, luckily I was tanning in my clients kitchen - with a tiled floor - and so carpet damage etc was avoided. The second gun failed after only doing 2 and a 1/2 tans, the trigger went floppy and the solution just constantly sprayed out, I had to 'finish' the tan off as best I could by turning the machine on and off and holding a lump of bed roll over the nozzle to stop the tan coming out.

I have contacted TE and been told that as the machine is out of warranty they will not replace FOC but I can buy a replacement gun!! I am waiting to hear how much this will cost me but from my experience so far I would need to buy two to have a back up ready for the next one to fail.

Has anyone else had this problem with the rapid guns?? And if you have, what was your outcome??

Thanks for any advice x

Stay away from tanning essentials machines, people have had nothing but trouble with them. The best machines are HVLP the guns with these machines are so strong and durable I love them.

Hi,

I bought the rapid tan system nearly 18 months ago and have only used the machine around 30 times. For the first 12 months I only tanned family and friends, and just in the last couple of months I have started the process of setting up as a new mobile business, so the machine has only had REALLY light use - roughly 30 tans.

However, both of the guns which came with the machine have now stopped working. The first just started bubbling tan out of the top of the bottle so the solution was spitting all over the place, luckily I was tanning in my clients kitchen - with a tiled floor - and so carpet damage etc was avoided. The second gun failed after only doing 2 and a 1/2 tans, the trigger went floppy and the solution just constantly sprayed out, I had to 'finish' the tan off as best I could by turning the machine on and off and holding a lump of bed roll over the nozzle to stop the tan coming out.

I have contacted TE and been told that as the machine is out of warranty they will not replace FOC but I can buy a replacement gun!! I am waiting to hear how much this will cost me but from my experience so far I would need to buy two to have a back up ready for the next one to fail.

Has anyone else had this problem with the rapid guns?? And if you have, what was your outcome??

Thanks for any advice x

Hi there just read your post, this has just happened to me- similar age spray tanning kit and I’ve probably done about that same amount of tans, I took mine out to do a mobile tan a few days ago- when I got home to clean it out the gun won’t spray anything but air and it just bubbles and leaks out the side very annoying, just looked on sweet squared £70+vat to replace not impressed! did you get
yours sorted? If so where did you get a replacement?
Many thanks
Vicki xx

Hi Vicki,
Oh no! Sorry to hear you’ve had the same problem!! Yes, thankfully I got mine sorted. Initially I thought that because they were out of warranty I would need to speak to tanning essentials direct - they quoted me about the same as you, I think it was £70 or £80 plus delivery. So, just to try, I went to the wholesalers where I bought the machine - Alan Howard’s - and they were REALLY helpful. They organised the return and replacement of both guns. Such an amazing contrast to the attitude of TE. I hope you get yours sorted! Xx

Latest posts

Back