Tanning Geeks help please! LA Tan %'s

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ashlie

Reaction score
Hi I am ordering my LA Tan kit tomorrow and I get 4 litres of tan free with my kit but don't know what % to choose. I am doing my training on friday by the way.
I think I am going to pick one litre of fast tan (20%) would anyone recommend this?? Really dont know about the other three though. What do you think is the most popular with your clients??
Aswell my friends and family that have said they want their tan doing like going quite dark so I would need one of the litres to accomodate them.

Any suggestions would really help,

Thankyou :D xx

I haven't tried the fast fan yet so I dunno about that one it's a good idea tho.
10% and 12% are the most popular colours with my clients I've only used 14% once and it looked very dark to me x

I haven't tried the fast fan yet so I dunno about that one it's a good idea tho.
10% and 12% are the most popular colours with my clients I've only used 14% once and it looked very dark to me x

Ok thankyou. Would you say get the brown or gold range? I want the tans to come out looking like a natural colour and not (fake) tones to the tan.
And just one more question; do you not really use 8%? I wasn't going to get that because personally I dont believe many people I know would use it and I think it is very very light although people on here mention it quite a bit, just dont want to buy a litre if I wont really use it thats all x

Ok thankyou. Would you say get the brown or gold range? I want the tans to come out looking like a natural colour and not (fake) tones to the tan.
And just one more question; do you not really use 8%? I wasn't going to get that because personally I dont believe many people I know would use it and I think it is very very light although people on here mention it quite a bit, just dont want to buy a litre if I wont really use it thats all x

I'd say the brown ones they are more natural looking, I've never used the 8% I'm not sure if they only do it in gold or not, I think that's the reason why I didn't go for it in the end x

I'd say the brown ones they are more natural looking, I've never used the 8% I'm not sure if they only do it in gold or not, I think that's the reason why I didn't go for it in the end x

Thankyou very much for your comments.. think im more towards making my mind up now :D

If anyone else doesn't mind telling me what % is most popular with your clients then I would be very greatful... thanks xx

I stock 10%, 12%, 14% & Fast.

Anyone wanting an 8% tan or darker than 14% (Cocktail) then I use the Fast.

12% is my most popular closely followed by 10%.

I stock 10%, 12%, 14% & Fast.

Anyone wanting an 8% tan or darker than 14% (Cocktail) then I use the Fast.

12% is my most popular closely followed by 10%.

Thankyou baggybear; this seems like a good idea, i think i will choose these four to start with :D
Can I just ask you how long would I be looking to leave the fast tan on to get the effects of a 8% and so on?x

I too use the 10 and 12 the most too,
I do have 2 ladies who like the disco tan, but I'm about to re-order and get the new fast tan.
I gave up on the 8% I personally did find it had an orangey tinge and ended up washing it off early as I was panicking a little about the colour I was going, and I gave up on cocktail tan too
I'm looking forward to trying it

I leave the Fast on me for about an hour and a half to 2 hours for an 8/9% tan.

Most clients don't want an 8% and that's why I don't stock it but I also hate having the solution on me so like that I can wash the Fast off quickly and still get a nice colour.

I leave the Fast on me for about an hour and a half to 2 hours for an 8/9% tan.

Most clients don't want an 8% and that's why I don't stock it but I also hate having the solution on me so like that I can wash the Fast off quickly and still get a nice colour.

Do you find that clients forget to wash it off in time? Or decide to ignore your instructions and try to leave it on longer than advised ? I dread using the fast tan ranges on clients as they tend to "not listen" and end up washing it off way too late meaning that they end up the wrong color. Grrrrrr. Maybe I should set up a text reminder to nag them every few minutes when it gets to bath time:twisted: No wonder some clients say I am like a mom.

I have no problems, I find most clients listen to the timings and wash off at the correct time. I have had 1 client who left it on longer than I advised (because she had surprise visitors and couldn't just go off & shower lol) but she loved the darker colour.

I think if you are assertive enough when you tell them their time guidelines and you make it VERY clear that this is totally THEIR responsibility then they will do as you tell them.

I too use the 10 and 12 the most too,
I do have 2 ladies who like the disco tan, but I'm about to re-order and get the new fast tan.
I gave up on the 8% I personally did find it had an orangey tinge and ended up washing it off early as I was panicking a little about the colour I was going, and I gave up on cocktail tan too
I'm looking forward to trying it

What did you find wrong with the cocktail (14%)? Im swaying towards more getting a 10 12 and 2 bottles of fast tan now. I am going to order within the next couple of hours though, and im still not 100% sure! ahhh!x

I have never used the 8% but my most popular ones are 12% followed by 10% and then disco 18%.
Never used the fast tan but may do in the future.
I used to use a lot of 14% but now i have the disco my clients want to use that :)

I have no problems, I find most clients listen to the timings and wash off at the correct time. I have had 1 client who left it on longer than I advised (because she had surprise visitors and couldn't just go off & shower lol) but she loved the darker colour.

I think if you are assertive enough when you tell them their time guidelines and you make it VERY clear that this is totally THEIR responsibility then they will do as you tell them.

Thanks for that, I always want everyone to like me ( sad I know ! ) So I will have to work on being more assertive, my husband says I become all "preachy" when I try to impart information so it is difficult for me to get the right balance. Maybe add something to the client card so when they sign the disclaimer they also sign for the responsibility of their timings

Thanks for that, I always want everyone to like me ( sad I know ! ) So I will have to work on being more assertive, my husband says I become all "preachy" when I try to impart information so it is difficult for me to get the right balance. Maybe add something to the client card so when they sign the disclaimer they also sign for the responsibility of their timings

You don't need to add anything to the consult card, you need to tell them that this solution leaves their colour in their hands and that there is nothing more you can do than advise them of the timings.

You don't need a disclaimer (which is not worth the paper it's written on), you need to instruct your client, the same way you would instruct the client to stand in the tent and turn when needed, you tell them to wash off at x,y,z time to achieve the colour they want.

If you know of a client/clients that may get distracted then advise them to set an alarm on their mobiles to remind them to wash off.

If you find it hard giving aftercare because you sound 'preachy' then why not write it out and learn it parrot fashion like a statement, you will just automatically say the speach and then it shouldn't sound 'preachy' just like your giving out facts and handing them a sheet that says the same things as your telling them (I advise the aftercare sheet is put on the fridge with a magnet for easy consultation later).

10% gold, the gold are more golden than brown and with them being single dip they do not come off on clothes and bedding, my clients love it, im going to run out of gold whilst still having full bottles of the brown!!!

I get through a lot of 14% cocktail. My customers seem to love it. You will definitely need a.12% and a 10% too, as this is good for customers who are very pale. I have never used 8%. If you get 4 litres, I would get a 10%, a 12%, a 14% and maybe the fast tan. I haven't tried the fast tan so can't really comment on that, I know several other geeks use it. I always get the brown range rather than gold. My customers find gold a bit pale, and doesn't last as long :)

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

You don't need to add anything to the consult card, you need to tell them that this solution leaves their colour in their hands and that there is nothing more you can do than advise them of the timings.

You don't need a disclaimer (which is not worth the paper it's written on), you need to instruct your client, the same way you would instruct the client to stand in the tent and turn when needed, you tell them to wash off at x,y,z time to achieve the colour they want.

If you know of a client/clients that may get distracted then advise them to set an alarm on their mobiles to remind them to wash off.

If you find it hard giving aftercare because you sound 'preachy' then why not write it out and learn it parrot fashion like a statement, you will just automatically say the speach and then it shouldn't sound 'preachy' just like your giving out facts and handing them a sheet that says the same things as your telling them (I advise the aftercare sheet is put on the fridge with a magnet for easy consultation later).

Thanks Hon, see I still suffer the aftermath of a convent upbringing.LOL
Will have a go. I think I am great with my clients as I chat all the time and try to put them at ease,but my DH thinks I am a bit schoolmarmish.:mad: Maybe I will do a poll and see what they say LOL Will follow your advice. I think it is possibly the fact that I come from a different culture.

If it's just your OH opinion then take no notice of him. If your confident in what you say then your clients will listen and trust you to get them the best results.

Latest posts

Back