Tanning help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautybyellen

Reaction score
I need help on which is the best tanning solution. I want good quality but also a good price. Anyone kno who gives out free samples? Thanks x

You can try a few suppliers as I know we aren't the only ones sending out samples do it's worth testing before you buy ;)

Are you a supplier? Which brand pls? X

Are you a supplier? Which brand pls? X

We supply the Tantrix range with the organic, natural or allstar liquids from 6-18% and there is also 2 rapid tans which are really popular!
If you click on this link Spray Tanning you can see the free sample pack we send out and we generally pick the most popular solutions but if you have specific ones you want to try we can pick the samples accordingly?

There are hundreds of threads on this but here is my two pence worth. We did lots of research around 2 years ago and decided to go with Nouvatan. We have not looked back and are still as much in love with the tan. Our customers keep coming back which is all we need and the customer service is personal and always helpful.

i use & love fake bake they send out free samples too

Definitely recommend Nouvatan. I tried lots of others and it's the best. Natural colour, great fade off, brilliant customer service.

I'm getting some novatan to try!! Excited x

Beauty trix what is included in the sample pack pls before I order it?? X

Probably a bit of a silly question I do apologise lol but does some companies prefer if u trained with them before sending out samples? I have trained with vita liberata and St tropez through collage xx

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
I've phoned loads of companies today & had lots of samples sent out, the tan trix above was the only one I had to pay delivery on, they even charge vat on delivery!! I spoke to fake bake, st tropez, vita liberata, sienna x, prob a few more n gettin at least one from each of those companies x

If you where to offer a different spray tan solution that you weren't trained in what way would that work with your insurance and how would that effect your insurance? Or would I be best to give my insurance company a ring? Xx

Sent from my SM-T210 using SalonGeek mobile app

You should be certified for the treatment of spray tanning and it shouldn't be brand specific as it is the technique you have been trained in but if you have any doubts it might be worth having a chat with your insurance just to check?

I'm a student at college I'm trying out all different brands to see which I like best. I have passed all my tanning assessments & had fakebake training. I don't think you need to be trained pacifically by the brand themselves if you have your nvq in tanning

I'm a student at college I'm trying out all different brands to see which I like best. I have passed all my tanning assessments & had fakebake training. I don't think you need to be trained pacifically by the brand themselves if you have your nvq in tanning

Welcome to the wonderful world of spray tanning and hope that your chosen career path is a complete success for you

you have already done the right thing and contacted different supplier who generally speaking are only to happy to send out samples free to perspective new customers...if there product is good they are only to happy for you to sample

Most certifications to become a fully qualified and insurable technician are not brand specific and generally cover techniques etc.
that said some possibly are so best check your certificate and or contact your insurer
good luck with your new venture

I recently found a fantastic tanning solution that my clients are raving about it's called 'Exposed' it's a dream to apply, drys almost instantly with no stickiness, fades beautifully, no brown rivers when the clients shower the guid off and doesn't have a strong smell.
I would highly recommend you get a sample to try.
It's available from Creative Academy Bournemouth take a look at this great article about training.
http://www.creativeacademy-plus.co.uk/how-to-start-spray-tan-business/

Beauty trix where are my samples ofspray tan that I paid *delivery*of over £5 for 2 weeks ago?????? Called to chase it last Friday & she said she'd send it right away! I'm annoyed beyond annoyed. Yours was the only sample I had to pay delivery on!!! I just want a refund now & no sample off you as I won't be doing business with such a mess about company

Almost every supplier will send free samples if you ask. There's no best tan , there's 1000s of great tAns out there. My salon stocks 7 brands

Almost every supplier will send free samples if you ask. There's no best tan , there's 1000s of great tAns out there. My salon stocks 7 brands

I agree wholeheartedly with you.
the best tan is the one that as a therapist you believe in ...the belief comes about from many factors, product quality, longevity, fade off and of course customer service from the provider as well as support when things go wrong

The best tan is without doubt the one you and your customers believe is the best

Beauty trix where are my samples ofspray tan that I paid *delivery*of over £5 for 2 weeks ago?????? Called to chase it last Friday & she said she'd send it right away! I'm annoyed beyond annoyed. Yours was the only sample I had to pay delivery on!!! I just want a refund now & no sample off you as I won't be doing business with such a mess about company

Hi Ellen I have just checked and after we finally received proof of your qualification the samples went out with the courier but it looks like you were not in when they tried to deliver. You should ring the number in the card left so they can redeliver when you are in or if you want to ring us with your details we can sort this for you ;)

Latest posts

Back