Tanning In Artificial Light.....tips?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MINKUS

Gel Junkie
Reaction score
hi ya

Im loving my TANTRICK spray tanning and doing a fair bit of it.

BUT...what i notice is in the 'natural daylight' its very easy to see where u r spraying.

In 'artificial lighting' im finding it a little hard.

Anyone got any tips?

Im sure someone mentioned a daylight lamp to me.

Amb x

The spray tan cubicle co sell daylight lamps that fit on the tent I think. I dont think I dreamt it lol

Yes i stick a bendy lamp on mine ya cant go wrong then:green:

Daylight is definately better....do you have one of those portable day light lamps you could shine in?

I used to have daylight tubes in my tanning area at the old salon....was just saying tday we need to get some for the new place.

Cathie! said:
Daylight is definately better....do you have one of those portable day light lamps you could shine in?

I used to have daylight tubes in my tanning area at the old salon....was just saying tday we need to get some for the new place.

ive got a small daylight lamp (for nails) that i stand on a stool and a big floor standing spotlight, that i put shining in the tent....the tent has no fixed roof so light comes in above it....i still struggle to see where im spraying sometimes:cry: is it me being a dumbnut? have i got TOO MUCH light? doh

Just to add....i dont ALWAYS use my tent and still struggle to see where ive sprayed

amb x

I've never done it without the tent!! Doesn't it make a mess? I'd love to know cos when I'm getting my hubby to spray me, I tend to smudge my tan when I'm trying to collapse it after I've been sprayed!!!!:lol:

Something else to consider, have you been having problems with your results due to lack of daylight?

My results are good, even though I don't have daylight in the new salon and I put this down to my routine and technique. Routine and a fluid technique is what makes the difference between a good spray tan and a pants spray tan.

Once you are comfortable and confident with your routine, you could spray a clear solution with no problem.

If you have no problems with your results, and you are confident with your routine, you've got it...although I do agree that daylight lighting solutions make it a darn site easier for new spray tan technicians.

Hiya
I find working the same routine on every client works wonders.

Client in position to do back first
1. Behind ears/neck/back and sides (ask client to hold arms up high when you do the side and waist areas)

now turn client to face you
2.Face/neck/chest/belly and sides

turn client side on
3. Right arm/hand & arm pitt

turn client again
4. left arm/hand & arm Pitt

turn client to face you again
5. Leg to your left..Inner/front/side/back
continue..on back of left leg..back/side/front/inner (ask client to hold arm up out of spray way when doing legs)

6. feet..light circular spray over feet THE END

This should give you great results

Jennyx

Latest posts

Back