Tanning in Winter

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaffacake

Malamute Geek!
Reaction score
Now summer is over and everyones natural colour is fading, do you all drop down a shade with the spray tanning or just carry on with what they were having before?

Obviously dont want them to look like they've just been to the carribean but want them to look like they have a colour still.... havent been tanning through a winter yet!

I was doing mainly 10% tans with Tantrick in the summer, should I drop to 8%?? :rolleyes:

I asked the same question the other day matey and yep you do !

I was doing mainly 10% in the summer and had to drop down to 8% mainly this last 6 weeks.......that is until yesterday when I had my car stolen along with all my tantrick stuff inside.......thieving b******* ! Sorry but I'm really cheesed off and had 3 sprays tans booked for next couple of days!

I had my car stolen along with all my tantrick stuff inside.......thieving b******* ! Sorry but I'm really cheesed off and had 3 sprays tans booked for next couple of days!

Oh, sorry to hear that :irked: Hopefully they will find it with all your stuff inside... Good lesson to the rest of us not to leave anything in the car!

I did do a search but couldnt come up with anything - thanks for the replies x

I asked the same question the other day matey and yep you do !

Well..... i've searched for your question Amb and I cant find it anywhere?? :irked:

I would go down a shade for the winter.. but it all depends on your clients preference really. A new client won't want to go too 'dark' but a regular client who has been tanned all summer may want to maintain the colour.

Its down to your client consultation every time really ... I did two ladies today who wanted to be 12%. They are REALLY dark all year round and spend half the winter in Goa so they do go very dark naturally ... but it felt strange going so dark ... each to their own lol!!

I too would drop a shade for winter, you don't want your clients looking outrageously brown unless they really want to look like they've been in the Bahamas forthe last month.

Celecrity Secrets are just about to launch a new range winter tans, with different levels of DHA and packed with antioxidants and skin refreshing ingerdients to help combat that dry winter skin winter skin.....looking forward to trying them out.

I too would drop a shade for winter, you don't want your clients looking outrageously brown unless they really want to look like they've been in the Bahamas forthe last month.

Celecrity Secrets are just about to launch a new range winter tans, with different levels of DHA and packed with antioxidants and skin refreshing ingerdients to help combat that dry winter skin winter skin.....looking forward to trying them out.

Ohh sounds interesting, thanks for that. xx

Well..... i've searched for your question Amb and I cant find it anywhere?? :irked:

thats cause i rang and asked mandy!

sorry mate didnt make that bit clear:green:

All of my regular clients who have tanning in winter always have the same colours i.e some have light some medium I have two ladies who go really dark all year.
I do like celebruty tanning solution there is a colour for everyone and there is no streaking.

Ruby

As part of my client consultation I always ask the client what they want to get out of their tan. In other words do they want people to say "You look very brown - is it fake" as opposed to "wow you look healthy". To me the client shouldn't look as though they're wearing fake tan. Amazingly though some dont care and so you have to ask the question. I find most of my clients come down to a lighter solution in the Winter, although they certainly dont want to look too pale. Dont forget also you can spray lighter with your gun during the Winter so although you might still spray with a 10%, by spraying less you will make them lighter. HTH

Is it just me or do tans (natural or self tans) just look wrong in the cold winters light? I dont find them flattering at all. They only look good on a night out.

I think that's probably because they look "fake" due to too dark a solution being used. A good quality solution sprayed in the right way can make you look "healthy" without being noticeably fake. :)

Latest posts

Back