Tanning injections!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emma92

Reaction score
has anyone on here used tanning injections before? 2 of my friends use them and they are very brown i know you have to go on sunbeds aswell but what is the best brand to use?

None! Seriously they aren't regulated! They can make you very poorly- & you are not guaranteed to be buying what you think you are either.. Its not like you can buy them from boots! Stay away! X

There have been some serious cases where people have actually died from using them. It is extremely dangerous and contains harmful chemicals and god knows what it does to your body. Please avoid them, they are seriously unsafe.

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

The few people I know who used them went absolutely dark dark brown. I really desirable tan but their moles and freckles went black and got sore and itchy. One girl got dark brown lips with black freckles on.
I think the dark tan looked good but the extra effects from serious over stimulation of the melanin was definately dangerous and not worth it. Not when a dark spray tan can do the same thing without any danger x hth

Why on earth would you use this...... It's not regulated and as the professionals haven't done so as yet that surely counts for something ..... What will happen say in 10 years time after you've done this to yourself....... Get a spray tan far cheaper no risk at all and reputable companies to go back to if a problem occurs... instead of a seller on a site that you bought the product from the states ps someone I know did do them an he went a terracotta colour I don't desire to look like a plant pot myself ever

Dont touch ! A girl i know used them and was sooo dark and her lips were speckled black along with her skin after using so long the injections are bad enough but so is using sunbeds! Not a good combo a girl of 20 was found dead in a sunbed not long before xmas she was using injections !!! Be warned x

Dont touch ! A girl i know used them and was sooo dark and her lips were speckled black along with her skin after using so long the injections are bad enough but so is using sunbeds! Not a good combo a girl of 20 was found dead in a sunbed not long before xmas she was using injections !!! Be warned x

Oh my goodness thats awful!!

A man i know is addicted to them, and he actually looks like a black man, not an english man, its awful what hes done to himself x

This is what the girl i know was like although she eventually laid off them , i dont think it was actually proved it was soley down to the injections but the coroner had listed it on the report or something ud have to google the story. But shocking its not a good look the skin started to look black speckled a sort of dirty apperance not nice and certainlynot healthy x

Don't even think about it! For starters the foolishness of injecting yourself with ANYTHING is bad enough, let alone with something you have bought unregulated from the internet. It could literally be anything, how would you know?

These injections are untested, have potentially serious side effects, and goodness only knows what long term complications. It is SO not worth the risk.

Be safe!
J

I just googled the story about the girl dying on the sunbed, more for my own morbid curiosity than anything else, and they've just held an inquest. The coroner said she died of a heart attack, her bmi was 58 and her death was nothing to do with the injections, only her weight. I'm not condoning it, just merely offering up more information Xx

Oh really ? Wow i never thought she was overweight but i had only heard when it happened scary x

ok i will 100% leave them alone then. thanks everyone :)x

Oh my god no! Really? I cannot believe people are using injections! I know I am new to tanning, but I used to be a manager of a sunbed salon, and that was bad enough (IMO) but injections? Not good xx

Oh really ? Wow i never thought she was overweight but i had only heard when it happened scary x

I know, that's why I googled it. How horrible would it be, breaking the door down and just seeing her there... My boyfriend said its irresponsible of them letting her go on at that weight. Plus it was her third 12 mins session in as many days, they kept no record of any medication she may have been on and knew she was taking tanning injections. I'm surprised the tanning salon wasn't found liable... Xx

I know, that's why I googled it. How horrible would it be, breaking the door down and just seeing her there... My boyfriend said its irresponsible of them letting her go on at that weight. Plus it was her third 12 mins session in as many days, they kept no record of any medication she may have been on and knew she was taking tanning injections. I'm surprised the tanning salon wasn't found liable... Xx

Defo when you see all the facts does not look good for salon , id be burnt to a crisp after 6 lol

Defo when you see all the facts does not look good for salon , id be burnt to a crisp after 6 lol

I know me too. I was on one today and it was far too hot. Had to get off it 4 times and I only went on for 9 mins. Something wasnt right there xx

Dont get me wrong i use them now and again due to living in scotland i dont get much of a tan but throughout my hnd we were taken through all the ins and outs of sun damage etc quite horrific and put me off lol x

http://http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1381298/The-deadly-tan-jab-DIY-injection-promising-instant-tan-women-discovered-trigger-heart-disease-cancer.html

I would never inject something into my skin myself, let alone something bought over the internet that isn't legal for sale in this country.

This link shows a news report that basically says that the jabs can make you 4 times more likely to get skin cancer and break down your immune system and the rate your skin heals. Some people suffer from colds and such, but one person came down with meningitis.

Please be careful and speak to your friends about it too. There are safer ways to get a tan xx

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back